• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latex Suit Samus

Latex Suit Samus

Link313

Smash Rookie
NNID
Link313
3DS FC
3093-7253-0485
Ill have to see this when your done with it.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Pretty good guide accept I have to disagree with you on Bair. I know you said the kill power is ok but I think it's a bit better then ok as it kills pretty reliably at 105-110 percent from the ledge and about 130 from the middle without rage. Not only that but it is by far ZSS's safest kill move.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think his definition of combo and my definition of combo are the same lol

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Just a correction blue shorts is the end of metriod fusion not zero mission.

also little mac is a skill MU if anything it relies on your ability to determine when and how you should commit, challenge his smashes and your ability to gimp him which is hard sometimes with counter being longest in the game.

Side not I use the white suit not because II'm for mLG but because it changes the color of her hair band , shorts when I feel she's warmed up :p.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I don't think his definition of combo and my definition of combo are the same lol
I didn't know what else to call them really. I just put combos because it was the first thing I thought of.
Just a correction blue shorts is the end of metriod fusion not zero mission.

also little mac is a skill MU if anything it relies on your ability to determine when and how you should commit, challenge his smashes and your ability to gimp him which is hard sometimes with counter being longest in the game.
Fixed.
Pretty good guide accept I have to disagree with you on Bair. I know you said the kill power is ok but I think it's a bit better then ok as it kills pretty reliably at 105-110 percent from the ledge and about 130 from the middle without rage. Not only that but it is by far ZSS's safest kill move.
Added to it. I haven't really used it enough to realize it. Thanks!

Last edited:

DeLux

Colloquially, I think the accepted nomenclature is that a move that is guaranteed after another due to frame advantage on hit is a combo. One that requires some sort of non-guaranteed soft read is called a string.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Colloquially, I think the accepted nomenclature is that a move that is guaranteed after another due to frame advantage on hit is a combo. One that requires some sort of non-guaranteed soft read is called a string.
I'm not quite sure how to reply to that, can you explain it in a different way?

DeLux

Combos are moves that link together that an opponent can't escape from.

Strings are moves that link together that an opponent can escape from, but unless they pick the right option they are probably going to get hit lol

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Okay, well combo is a broad term and can be used in place for string. I can change it if you want.

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
This looks like an interesting guide. DO you have any plans to make guides for other characters?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
This looks like an interesting guide. DO you have any plans to make guides for other characters?
Yeah actually, I've been playing a lot of Mario and Villager lately. I'm seriously considering doing a Mario guide.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Oh, I just wanted to add a bit of information. I'm a big Metroid fan so I'm very interested in seeing more from your guide. I wanted to add a bit of info on the suits, won't help much but if you add this, it will be an even more complete guide.
The Blue, the first costume is her original Jump Suit from Metroid Zero Mission where we get to see it in action. Some call it Zero Suit, which is fine, but the real name is Jump Suit.

The Dark Blue Jump Suit is thought to fit the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Jump Suit since it's the darkest blue latex in which we've ever seen Samus. Although in Metroid Prime Hunters we get to see a very similar suit. It could be the same considering one goes after the other.

The Pink Jump Suit is considered Justin Bailey's pink suit you unlock at the end of the original Metroid. You know, the running around through an alien planet with a bikini after passing the game under three hours? Yeah, that ugly pink bikini.

The Black Jump Suit would have to be from Super Metroid. After passing the game under three hours you can unlock the ending of Samus with a black jump suit. It's the only Metroid game where we get to see a black latex, so we can assume this is from Super Metroid. Although the designs are different.

And like you said: Orange shorts from Zero Mission and Blue Shorts from Fusion.

The white and green jump suits
have never appeared. Sakurai mentioned that the Green suit for Samus (with armor) was a custom color for her which has only been seen in Smash Bros. So I'm guessing the green suit was made to fit the team colors from previous smash games. While the white suit could be said to go with the light suit, but as a Jump Suit is has never been seen in the games. Maybe it's her latex suit from Metroid 2. You know, because the game was in black and white. Hahaha yeah... needed that Metroid humor.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Oh, I just wanted to add a bit of information. I'm a big Metroid fan so I'm very interested in seeing more from your guide. I wanted to add a bit of info on the suits, won't help much but if you add this, it will be an even more complete guide.
The Blue, the first costume is her original Jump Suit from Metroid Zero Mission where we get to see it in action. Some call it Zero Suit, which is fine, but the real name is Jump Suit.

The Dark Blue Jump Suit is thought to fit the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Jump Suit since it's the darkest blue latex in which we've ever seen Samus. Although in Metroid Prime Hunters we get to see a very similar suit. It could be the same considering one goes after the other.

The Pink Jump Suit is considered Justin Bailey's pink suit you unlock at the end of the original Metroid. You know, the running around through an alien planet with a bikini after passing the game under three hours? Yeah, that ugly pink bikini.

The Black Jump Suit would have to be from Super Metroid. After passing the game under three hours you can unlock the ending of Samus with a black jump suit. It's the only Metroid game where we get to see a black latex, so we can assume this is from Super Metroid. Although the designs are different.

And like you said: Orange shorts from Zero Mission and Blue Shorts from Fusion.

The white and green jump suits
have never appeared. Sakurai mentioned that the Green suit for Samus (with armor) was a custom color for her which has only been seen in Smash Bros. So I'm guessing the green suit was made to fit the team colors from previous smash games. While the white suit could be said to go with the light suit, but as a Jump Suit is has never been seen in the games. Maybe it's her latex suit from Metroid 2. You know, because the game was in black and white. Hahaha yeah... needed that Metroid humor.
Adding this right now. Thank you so much!

David Viran

Smash Lord
Two things about your why use zss section. One you said she is middle weight but she is actually light weight. She's 11th lightest in the game out of 52. Two you said low skill cap but it sounds ike you mean low skill floor.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Two things about your why use zss section. One you said she is middle weight but she is actually light weight. She's 11th lightest in the game out of 52. Two you said low skill cap but it sounds ike you mean low skill floor.
Changing now :)
Added a video of me playing against chudat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom