• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latch Cancels.

DEAD

Smash Cadet
So to my knowledge this hasn't been mentioned before, or it has been and I have just missed the topic. If u latch a pikmin on to certain players, some of their moves moves (like luigi's Forward b) will result in Them not traveling anywhere and he'll just fall to the ground. (I've been calling it "Dead Weight" But thats just my pet name for it).

Apparently it cancels out more moves then i know of, because the people i play with seem to rage about that the most. So my question is, does anyone know of more moves that are canceled by this, or even better yet a list. And if not someone should definitely make one cause this could be a really nice gimp tactic or for approaches.

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know it cancels Ike's over+B and it will cancel ness's (and I think Lucas's?) up+B electric ball(not sure what it's called).

I've found it's pretty hard to hit that electric ball with the pikmin though.

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
Is it because the yellow pikmin will absorb the electricity or something? really interesting properties they've added to the pikmin :o

DEAD

Smash Cadet
No its because since there's a pikmin latched to Ness' body, when the Thunder 1 comes outta his body any pikmin latched on will absorb the thunder 1 and cancel Ness' up B

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
So the list would something like..this?

Moves Canceled By Olimar's Pikmin

Ness's (NOT LUCA'S) Thunder 1 (Up+B)
Ike's Quick Draw (Side+B)
Pikachu's Skull Bash(I think it's called that way) (Side B)
Peach's Turnips?(Down B?)
Dedede's Side B
Toon/Link's Bombs (Down+B)
Peachs Toadstool (B) (Depends on where the pikmin is attached.)
ALL Counters get activated by pikmin.

Moves that are NOT canceled by Pikmin
Luca's Thunder 1 (Up+B)
Lucario's Aura Ball (B)

Some moves that should be checked out are:

Samu's B and Missiles
Luigi's Side B

Edit: Added 3D's Side B, Pikachu's Skull Bash, among others, and added Luca's, Lucario's Moves in moves that are not canceled by pikmin.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
the counter's work on the latch, and i believe its peach's over b.... not her neutral b
i believe everyone says that the bomb will blow up if they throw it and a pikmin is on it

Dyyne

Smash Ace
sorry, i thought we were talking about it for gimping purposes specifically. I was referring to the bomber for peach, and pika's forward B. sorry bout the confusion.

But, for other purposes,I'm positive that the bombs blow up in tink's (and assuming link too) face when he tries to throw it....kinda funny.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
No I haven't tested it,, (regarding pika's up B) but i don't think it would stop it, since Pika's up b goes through people, so why not pikimin? Also, peach's toad can activate from a latched pikmin, but it doesn't always activate, so I'm assuming it's related to where the pikmin is latched onto.

DEAD

Smash Cadet
Okay so basically its happens with any move that cancels the players movement on impact, or projectiles that disappear once its hits something?

If thats true then we know what to look out for.

Bodknocks

Smash Rookie
NNID
austonwithano
This is why I spam off the ledge against some opponents. It makes recovery more difficult for certain characters.

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
About the Lucario's Auraball thing. Pikmin dont cancel it out, but the useful thing is that even a white pikmin can block a full charged shot.(when thrown)

Top Bottom