• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last Boss On Intense [some spoilers]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone beaten Tabuu yet on Intense mode? A neat aspect of the fight is that the trophy stand items consistantly drop during the fight. After about 10 tries last night I was able to not only beat Tabuu on Intense, but also turn him into a trophy as well.

It was pretty hard considering most of his attacks are OHKOs.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
And I was proud of myself when I beat him on Very Hard without dying... although, I didn't see any trophy stands on my run too...

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've beat him on Intense, both in SSE and boss mode. In SSE I can usually take 3/4 of his health down with Sonic alone. He's really not that bad once you know his patterns because he lets you hit him before teleporting away to attack you.

Pit_the_Angel

Smash Rookie
I think the easiest method is to use two yoshis (sp!?) with the wavebird trick. I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm going to save up for some wavebirds. I've seen a video of a yoshi player doing it with one. He almost only uses up airials, except against Petey Piranha, who he just down specials again and again.

SPQR

Smash Rookie
Tabuu is actually very easy once you understand his attack patterns. His OHKO is actually time-based in 45 second increments. The first OHKO unavoidable death happens at 0:45, the second happens at 2:15, the third happens at 4:30, the fourth happens at 7:30, and so forth. This means when selecting your character lineup it is imperative that you put your characters with higher-damaging aerial moves later in the lineup, as your first character will unavoidably die at 0:45, your second at 2:15, and so forth. The rest of his moves are easily avoidable. You should not lose any of your characters prior to his OHKOs. If you do, it significantly lowers your chances of completing the fight.

Ideally, your 4th, 5th, and 6th characters are your primary damage dealers. Using your 1st, 2nd and 3rd characters as your sacrifices gives you some leeway. If you are confident that you can keep your first character alive until 0:45 and your second character alive until 2:15, then you can put one of your damage-dealers in as 3rd in the rotation, with the understanding that he only has 2:15 to get his damage in before he is killed.

All told, it reminds me of Vaelastrasz from WoW pre-BC.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
SPOR, thanks for the knowledge but it is NOT a one-hit KO, I've avoided it several times but it's very hard to do. I beat boss battles mode on very hard today so you have to avoid it with one life.

SPQR

Smash Rookie
I've lived through it before as well, but hadn't gotten the technique down yet, so I approached this thread from the "I'm playing SSE on intense and I'm stuck on this boss" standpoint.

hypernova

Smash Rookie
If you guys are referring to the point where he centers himself, shows his wings, and does the triple radiation ring thing, you can dodge that quite easily. Just get on the ground, and dodge earlier than you think, three times in a row. At least I assume you need to do it three times. Once I did it the first time, knowing that three rings pop out of him, I dodged twice more for good measure...since you can't hit him during it anyway.

Edit: Oh, and I never saw any trophy stands. Only way I beat him was I got one of those giant flame/spark balls (not the small one.)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yes, I killed him on Intense mode in the SSE, but i didnt turn him to a trophy. There was no trophy stand there when his health was low. So i just killed him. I could not stand his annoying whip thing, nor his Spike disc thing. The Explosions coming from his teleportations were also annoying.
Here are the characters I used in the order:
1: Metaknight
2: Zelda
3: King Dedede
4: Wario
5: Bowser
6: Pit
These are all 6 of my mains too.
I wont even think about doing boss mode on intense mode, since many of the other Bosses, including Rayquaza gives me problems.
I'll wait til I get some "Trophy Stand Drop" stickers and then use em to face Tabuu on an easier mode.

FuzionMonkey

Smash Rookie
When Tabuu goes to the center of the stage, and creates the 3 waves, all you have to do is roll right before each wave hits you, and you can survive.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
When Tabuu goes to the center of the stage, and creates the 3 waves, all you have to do is roll right before each wave hits you, and you can survive.
What what characters? Not all characters roll at the same speed. I do boss battle on very hard/intense with Zero Suit Samus and I get hit on the second wave usually, sometimes (rarely) the third.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Has anyone beaten Tabuu yet on Intense mode? A neat aspect of the fight is that the trophy stand items consistantly drop during the fight. After about 10 tries last night I was able to not only beat Tabuu on Intense, but also turn him into a trophy as well.

It was pretty hard considering most of his attacks are OHKOs.
I literally beat him on intense about 15 minutes ago and got the trophy.

I haven't even fought him yet on boss rush intense. I can beat most bosses with fox (lol at refe=lecting Meta-Ridley's shots) but Dolua usually does me in. Either him or the othe giant robot (though I usually have less trouble with him.)

Oh. And for SSE, I used (in this order) Wario, Marth, Link, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Fox.

EDIT: And just for bragging rights, none of my characters were using stickers. I can't stand the idea of losing them.

Shadow5YA

Smash Cadet
It's easier to dodge the shockwave thing if you sidestep dodge. The time interval between each is about the same, so once you got the rhythm down, you're fine.

My problem with Tabuu is that he occasionally leaves explosions behind whenhe teleports, so I could easily get sent flying while I'm attacking him.

new2nbdy

Smash Cadet
I have the trophy, but haven't beaten him on intense though. Boss Rush is apparently easy with charizard so try that. Also, it's pretty easy to dode his ohko. you just need timing.

Pi

Smash Hero
anyone care to tell me how to roll? I'm honestly an idiot, beating everything in the game and winning most wifi matches but I can't roll...:confused:
Some characters do NOT roll, but here is what they are refering to:

Holding shield and tapping left or right direction. You move to that side and face the opposite direction while being invincible.

If you play as samus and do this she turns into a ball and 'rolls', other characters 'roll' but some just step to that side. You can probably do it but just don't know what we are referring to.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Some characters do NOT roll, but here is what they are refering to:

Holding shield and tapping left or right direction. You move to that side and face the opposite direction while being invincible.

If you play as samus and do this she turns into a ball and 'rolls', other characters 'roll' but some just step to that side. You can probably do it but just don't know what we are referring to.
ehh, I'm thinking that I already tried that, but dedede is to fat too roll. Am I correct?

Glix

Smash Cadet
I hate the "butterfly attack"

I hate it. This all applies to Boss Rush, not SSE.

From what I have heard, Kirby's rock form is immune to it, and if you are using PT, if you call back your guy into the ball at the exact right time, the next one won't come out until the attack has passed.

For the peeps arguing wheather its a OHKO or not...

Depends on the difficulty. The higher the difficulty the higher the knockback. On normal, it damages you, but you can recover easily, on hard it sends you flying with no chance of recovery.

KCFreedom18

Smash Rookie
No it kills at all difficulties, well at least normal. But dodging its pretty easy once you get the timing with spot dodging down.

trenton_dawn

Smash Rookie
With Dedede, once you get the timing you can just airdodge, jump-airdodge, jump-airdodge and you'll survive. Much easier than the ground timing, and it becomes even easier if you direct yourself away from the center of the stage in between jumps.

hova

Smash Champion
just sidestep in place when he opens his arms and sidestep right before the following two explosion rings reach you

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Characters that do best for dodging the OHKO are the speedy ones.

Basically Sonic,Fox,Pit.

They dodge quickly and a short distance so you can immediately dodge again and again.
I beat intense boss rush with Sonic. I felt so freaking epic.

graamd

Smash Rookie
Just beat intense boss mode with Toon Link. For Tabuu, I suggest not standing in the middle so you have more time to react to his rings and sidestep. As a few people have mentioned already, sidestep early.

Originally, I came in here to gloat, but it seems like I have to beat Tabuu again in SSE on intense for his trophy. There is always more work to be done :/

Duon sucks.

Top Bottom