• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Lockdown

Excellence

Smash Champion
Has anyone ever done this? As Falco, playing against Link, on Final Destination, I was laying on the ground typing on AIM to my opponent and he was shooting lasers at me. They were still hitting Link, and to my surprise, I couldn't get up out of it. What made it worse, this was immediately followed a chain grab towards the edge. I only managed to escape after I'd managed to allow the knockback to push me out of Falco's laser range.

If not, it can be really useful. If you chain grab and opponent toward the edge, and they hesitate to get up fearing another grab, firing lasers at them will keep them from getting up. It's late, so I can't really check up on replies until tomorrow, and I have no tested this on small characters whom it may miss like Squirtle. If it's new and works out well, we will all be doomed to Falco's laser and grabs >_<

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
its really really old man, its called a laser lock meaning if you don't tech your *** off the ground thats whats gonna happen to you.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
* Hands you flame proof vest *

Good luck.
lol good one

but ya its called laserlocking, kind of an old technique. Actually very old.
but i dont see how it can be done out of the down throw... did you just let yourself hit the ground or something?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
WOW. Can people really be this slow on the uptake? This has been known since like, two weeks after the American release. Good god people are so f****** slow on these forums. Can you guys try searching before you make these topics.

I know you think you may have found something game breaking every time something "amazing" happens, but chances are, with so many dang people playing this game, someone found it before you. And that someone then posted about it: MONTHS AGO.

Top Bottom