• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

laser lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Hey guys, long time since i've been on this forum, lack of internet is kinda painful lol.
anyways, i was just messing with falco on FG, and i checked something interesting:

Against Falcon, i jab him and after he falls into the ground i started spamming lasers, and it locked him! I know this was on brawl too, but after the lock & laser nerf i thought it wasn't that reilable (specially because is techable).
But so far i started checking some uses for it and it can be used also in a dthrow to laser lock and end it with dash attack, same with the jab.
Tested with Falcon, Ness, Ike, Bowser and it worked.
other characters (like Mario, Link & Peach) are only hitted by one shot, i need to see if that's really true.

oh well, time for some lab!
(if this was already a thread or isn't helpful at all, please close this thread. Thanks)

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
You can laser lock people but it only goes on for a maximum of 3 hits until they are put into a forced animation to getting up

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Yes, i forgot to say that, only 3 shots, then aut-wake up, thats why i added dash attack.
Another way to lock with falco is dthrow, walk, ftilt (aiming at the enemy) and ending with a fsmash.
The laser one is kinda safer to do, but is character-specific as i see (works on Mac & Spacies also)..

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This was discovered a while ago and it was carried over from Brawl except limited to 3 shots in this game. It's much more situational since Falco shoots slower in SSB4 and 3 shots only stops it from being broken and a decent combo. If you can pull it off, more power to you, but don't go after it like it has to be done.

Same thing applies to frame canceling which you can read more about here: http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-cancel.386639/.

Anyway, we have a dedicated thread on Blaster appropriately named the Laser Thread. So, I'm going to lock this thread since there's already a thread for this purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom