• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laptop Search

Sporkman

Smash Ace
I'm in the market for a new laptop and am looking for a couple extra helpful eyes. I've spotted what I feel is a great deal but as far as other places go I don't really know where to look.

Here's what I've settled on at the moment:
Link: http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...c=n0372009&rbc=n0372009&s=dhs&fb=1&vw=classic

Summary: Dell Inspiron 1720
2ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2mb l2 cache, 800mhz FSB)
Vista
3gig RAM
nVidia GeForce 8600m GT 256mb
Cost: £679.00 (roughly $1360)

What I'm looking for is something with a decent handle on games, yes I know desktops are much better bang for buck when it comes to games, but being a Uni Student and moving around alot a laptop is a much better option. I don't want to pay over £700 ($1400) which I understand is fairly limiting.

So there you have it, wondering if anybody knows of anything better or good places to look around. Dell offer ends on the 12 so hoping things, at least in this area move quickly.

Thanks in advance and if you need any extra information just ask.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, if you're trying to search, I would recommend Quicksort. Mergesort theoretically is faster because it runs optimally even in the worst case, but has extra constant overhead that Quicksort doesn't. Of course if you know your domain better you can try a Heuristic search or better yet, A* search.

But seriously, that computer looks really good. At least is has good numbers. Make sure that whatever games you want to run can do so on Vista though. I've had a Dell before and it worked out great. Customer service was phenomenal, didn't pay too much, overall very satisfied.

I'm not in the laptop market right now, so I don't know how those specs compare to other brands off the top of my head, but that computer will certainly run just about any game you could throw at it.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
i need one aswell the new toshiba is great it was about $900 so i think i will get it and boot up xp insted of vista[coz it's crap]it had 2gb ram 180gb hdd dvd/cdrw/sd/usb/"15"monitor.

Top Bottom