• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lanky Kong

OuiCaVa11

Smash Cadet
Everyone keeps mentioning that they want diddy to be in Brawl. Well. Lanky owns diddy all the way, and he plays trombone. what do you guys think?

magar

Banned via Administration
OuiCaVa11 said:
Everyone keeps mentioning that they want diddy to be in Brawl. Well. Lanky owns diddy all the way, and he plays trombone. what do you guys think?
WTF are you talking about!
Diddy Kong Owns All.
Prepare to get flaimed by somebody :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
People want Diddy because he is more popular, has been in more games and is overall just better but Lanky would be good too :)

B - Grape Shooter (shoots grape each one does 3-4% damage)
B ^ - Baloon (inflates himself just like a baloon)
B V - Simian Slam (similar to Yoshis down B)
B > - Trombone (a musical blast does about 10% damage being hit by the tromboe does 2% damage)

Taunt - Scratches his butt
Kirby Hat - similar to DK's but orange also gets lanky's nose

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
I don't really care if ANY new members of the Kong family make it in, but really, Donkey Kong sure must be lonely by himself. Diddy's obviously the likely the next choice (besides KK Rool), but I can see myself having a lot funner playing Lanky. He'd have crazy reach. And that move where he inflates himself with gas to float? Too funny to imagine in Smash.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
What do you do, have every pic of every Kong on the fly?
yes, that includes Chimpy and Conga Kong from BK and have the kongs from DK64 as my background why

I don't really care if ANY new members of the Kong family make it in, but really, Donkey Kong sure must be lonely by himself. Diddy's obviously the likely the next choice (besides KK Rool), but I can see myself having a lot funner playing Lanky. He'd have crazy reach. And that move where he inflates himself with gas to float? Too funny to imagine in Smash.
Diddy is mre likely than Krool

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
He's right. Diddy has been in every DK game since DKC, King K.Rool has only been in two. Diddy is practically just as deserveing as Sonic, Wario, Meta-Knight, and Mario.
krool has been in 7 DKC1,2&3 DKL 1,2&3 & DK64 Diddy hasn't been in every Dk game he wasn't in DKC3 or DKL3 being a DK fan I don't count the crappy Gamecube games as DK games

parrothead

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
Diddy, Dixie, Funky Kong, King K.Rool, Captain K.Rool, Krasha, Klump, Cranky Kong, Classic DK, Pauline, Barron K.Rool, Kiddy Kong, Tiny Kong, THEN maybe Lanky Kong.
You forgot Donkey Kong JR. and Stanley the Bugman.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Yes I did forget Stanley and DK Jr.

I didn't count the Land (handheld) games, and DKC 2 and 3 featured K.Rool's brothers. And Diddy WAS in DKC 3.

And I never played the GC games (with their stupid drums), so I didn't know if K.Rool appeared in that or not. I was expecting someone to correct me on that if he was.

Speaking of the K.Rools, I prefer Captain K.Rool, too bad his dead *** will never return...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
Yes I did forget Stanley and DK Jr.

I didn't count the Land (handheld) games, and DKC 2 and 3 featured K.Rool's brothers. And Diddy WAS in DKC 3.

And I never played the GC games (with their stupid drums), so I didn't know if K.Rool appeared in that or not. I was expecting someone to correct me on that if he was.

Speaking of the K.Rools, I prefer Captain K.Rool, too bad his dead *** will never return...
they weren't krools brothers they were his alter egos and Diddy didn't make an appearance in DKC3 he was mentioned in the manual as mesteriously gone missing while on vacation adn screw DK jr he is the worst kong ever created yes worse than dare I say it Manky Kong

Shark X

Smash Lord
Makny was cooler than Lanky...

Diddy WAS in DKC 3. He and Donkey Kong were both kidnapped by Barron. If you kill the first Barron, you see them both.

And how could King and Captain be the same person? Captain K.Rool was killed pretty bad in DKC 2.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
Makny was cooler than Lanky...

Diddy WAS in DKC 3. He and Donkey Kong were both kidnapped by Barron. If you kill the first Barron, you see them both.

And how could King and Captain be the same person? Captain K.Rool was killed pretty bad in DKC 2.
*Kaptain because in DK64 K.Rool says these Kongs have foiled me for the last time implying that he had been degeated by them more than once before. Bowser has been killed pretty bad before but he keeps coming back same with Krool

OuiCaVa11

Smash Cadet
Shark X said:
He's right. Diddy has been in every DK game since DKC, King K.Rool has only been in two. Diddy is practically just as deserveing as Sonic, Wario, Meta-Knight, and Mario.
Yes, and of course this is how Nintendo decides who's gunna be in the game, by how many games each character has been in. That explains why pichu, mewtwo, doc, marth & roy, and jiggz got in the game, no? *rolls eyes*

Shark X

Smash Lord
OuiCaVa11 said:
Yes, and of course this is how Nintendo decides who's gunna be in the game, by how many games each character has been in. That explains why pichu, mewtwo, doc, marth & roy, and jiggz got in the game, no? *rolls eyes*
Funny how the point just flies over your head unnoticed.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
OuiCaVa11 said:
Diddy will be in way before Lnky because of popularity, the amount of games he's been in, uniqness, movesets and he is more valuable than Lanky

Forastero

Smash Rookie
Man, xianfeng, you sure are a big Donkey Kong fan, but that's cool, it's an awesome series. And your right, Diddy has alot more chance of getting in than Lanky, and he would be cooler, but you have to admit Lanky would be a nice character in the smash universe. If they have any character slots left over I hope they add him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Forastero said:
Man, xianfeng, you sure are a big Donkey Kong fan, but that's cool, it's an awesome series. And your right, Diddy has alot more chance of getting in than Lanky, and he would be cooler, but you have to admit Lanky would be a nice character in the smash universe. If they have any character slots left over I hope they add him.
I know he would be cool that's why I put a B moveset on the first page and thanyou there are very few DK fans left after Donkey Konga (what was nintendo thinking)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
He's not that big of a fan. He didn't know Diddy was in DKC3. But considering he played all three Gameboy games, he still has to be some big fan I guess.
I havn't payed DKC3 in a while is all my favourite is DKC2 which is why I play it all the time

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
pichu has been in 6-7 games
mewtwo, only 3
doc, only 1
marth and roy, only 1
jiggz, all of the pokemon series

get your facts straight.

and yes, they decided who's gonna be in by:
-number of games
-popularity
-fanbase
-whining fanboys
-how many copies of games they sold