• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landmaster KO'ing

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody else found the laser on the landmaster to be not so effective? Whenever I get the smash ball, I almost always find myself getting KO's from either barrel rolling or hovering up in the air while one or more opponents are standing on top of me.

Gren Kuts

Smash Rookie
In the Landmaster, I prefer the air. I rely on the D-Pad and the X Button more than the A Button.

What I mean is: Screw the cannon. I'd rather try to get people to go into the air so I can scoop them up for a hover-KO. The objective for me isn't to blast with the cannon (I only use it if I'm in my last few seconds, or if I'm really confident that I'll score a hit because there's a lot of people aligned with the cannon). I'd rather mow-down people to either get them off the ledge or to force people to jump in the air.

Some people will jump out of panic, but once in awhile, you'll get a cool-customer who's gonna take some effort. But I've got plenty of time (unlike Wolf). I'll run them towards a ledge. I'll do whatever I can to make them Jump so I can scoop them up. They wanna dangle on the ledge? I'll tread right over their fingers and push them down.

So yeah, you seem to have the right idea in using the hover-KO tactic over the cannon. You can get a lot more KOs that way. To me, the cannon is just another tool, but not the best part of Falco's Landmaster. When everyone begins to wisen-up in Brawl and stops getting hover-KOed, then I'll panic.

The KO potential of Falco's Landmaster is so good at the moment that I really feel like he got the best deal out of all the Star Fox characters. This could all change overtime as the overall skill-level in Brawl develops, of course. But really, hover-KOing people who just spawned that were too impatient to stay on the platform? That's gold. That's punishment if I've ever seen it.

I hardly ever Barrel Roll, only because I WANT people on the Landmaster. I need to see if there's any other use for that...like pinning someone up against a wall and then doing it (is that even possible?)

Mokkepie

Smash Rookie
Like what Kuts said, Falco's LM is the best of the bunch. His hover-KO is a BEAST! Try to get the opponent up in the air so you can force him off the screen. His cannon just sucks, and only use it when your opponent is almost off the screen already. And also, there is a really cheap way to win a 3-stock items match with Falco. All you have to do is wait and get the Smash Ball, and activate it. Then, force the opponent off the screen by rolling + bumping into them, and finish them off with a cannon blast. Then, for their next two stocks, wait for 1 second after they appear, and hover-KO them. Do it twice, and you've won. I've done this to all my friends 1v1, and they either ban me from playing Falco, or force-play Smash Balls off. Also, don't think of Falco's LM as a tank. Think of it like one of those carpet-birds in SSE (you know the ones that go under you, and lift you up off the screen? Yeah, those). Trust me, you rack up more kills like that vs. cannon-spamming.

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
Then your friends are dumb. All they have to do is wait on the platform after the first KO and your tank will go away. It does last a while, but one would hope that they wouldn't just drop straight down onto it.

Gren Kuts

Smash Rookie
True, but a lot of dumb things are fun. Plus, you don't really have a choice online when playing with strangers, so you might as well know how to use it.

Top Bottom