• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing options

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
What I usually (always) do is put up a leafshield and start airdodging but some upsmashes can just ignore that, when your are close to the floor dair is not very useful and... well thats about it.. thoughts? Any recomendation?

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
If I think an opponent is trying to get under me I usually do a Rush Jump then B-Reversal Leaf Shield to make my landing area harder to predict. I may also bounce of Rush a second time to make it even trickier.

Dair is a good landing option but not offensively, it is one of MMs best A-landing moves and auto-cancels into shield if done just before landing. Allowing you to remain safe from attacks. Hope this helps.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
If I think an opponent is trying to get under me I usually do a Rush Jump then B-Reversal Leaf Shield to make my landing area harder to predict. I may also bounce of Rush a second time to make it even trickier.

Dair is a good landing option but not offensively, it is one of MMs best A-landing moves and auto-cancels into shield if done just before landing. Allowing you to remain safe from attacks. Hope this helps.
Ill need to see a video of the Reversal Leafshield

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
Not my finest match but I do use it in this vid:

It's not that hard to perform, just activate leaf shield and quickly move your stick the opposite way.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Lead shield can help out but can be punished if the opponent knows what to do.

Megas fast fall speed actually helps us land better than most because as soon as we see the opponent go the wrong way we can fast fall and use lemons to cover them.

Also you can go for the ledge as well.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
I agree, ledge is a good option for Megaman he's also safer than most on the ledge due to his many recovery options.

Lead shield can help out but can be punished if the opponent knows what to do.

Megas fast fall speed actually helps us land better than most because as soon as we see the opponent go the wrong way we can fast fall and use lemons to cover them.

Also you can go for the ledge as well.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Keep using rush and stay in the air. When he comes for you then dodge past and up air when underneath :)

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Not my finest match but I do use it in this vid:

It's not that hard to perform, just activate leaf shield and quickly move your stick the opposite way.
Well that will surely help a lot, thanks! Btw is there a way to absolutely cancel land lag after rush? I think I remember there was a way with dair

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Well that will surely help a lot, thanks! Btw is there a way to absolutely cancel land lag after rush? I think I remember there was a way with dair
just do an aerial and land with that aerials landing lag instead, pellets are one of the best as they have 0 lag chaining them so you can just jump or w/e after.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
just do an aerial and land with that aerials landing lag instead, pellets are one of the best as they have 0 lag chaining them so you can just jump or w/e after.
Yeah but what about if your opponent is waitinf for you on the floor? There arent many ways around

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but what about if your opponent is waitinf for you on the floor? There arent many ways around
Well, you can only land with an aerial or special to get those landing lag instead. I REALLY wish you could tomahawk off a rush landing, but you can't so the oponent if he knows can just sit in shield waiting. you've just gotta throw some hitbox out or go for the ledge pretty muchif they're waiting on the ground. you can also repeatedly bounce off rush while throwing dairs and other hitboxes towards the oponent, as silly as it sounds I've been testing that and finding it is a legit strat at times.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I find our best landing options are sometimes between Rush Coil mixups, bverses, and then most ideal; the item metal blade. Say a person is in a midst of a combo or string, your only options would normally be to air dodge or use fast aerial, but if you have an item, you invinciblade. (Which is air dodge then zair.)

It's one of your best "get off me options" since a z-drop is 1 frame. Nair, and bair are also pretty good. Fair sometimes if you're predicting a player is waiting for you to land because of its hitbox range. I've never used dair to land despite knowing the exact auto cancel range. I just don't like messing up, but maybe I should try it more.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
So Ive been using the b reverse leafshield
Great match good to see you using the b reverse leaf shield, also kudos on performing a boost blade, I'm still having trouble with them but if you can land one online using a 3DS I have no excuse. :)

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Great match good to see you using the b reverse leaf shield, also kudos on performing a boost blade, I'm still having trouble with them but if you can land one online using a 3DS I have no excuse. :)
I actually struggle to use it effectively since it is really hard just to do it and I dont know if it is going to work or not xD

Top Bottom