• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Lag Reduction - Debug Develop Animation Info

NeilHarbin0

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
NEIL#0
I have been frustrated many times while recording due to the animation information display in debug mode not being properly synchronized, lagging behind by a frame. It was really annoying when I would be using frame advance, and the lag would end up generating a frame in my recording where the info said I hadn't done something yet, but the animation was clearly different. Plus when playing at full speed, the text was just always behind by one frame, making it poor for documentation. Today I made a code to fix this.

Example of the issue where YL has clearly landed, but the text at the top doesn't update immediately:

I didn't understand the full scope of the things I was moving around, so I don't know if there may be some unknown consequences, but it does work as I intended. My intention was swapping execution order of a function which seemed to control the updating of the text with a function that controlled updating of physics.

Code:
$Reduce Debug Develop Animation Info Display Lag by 1 Frame (1.02) [NeilHarbin0]
*Fixes an issue where the debug animation info display was out of sync with the actual displayed frame. This caused extra frames with mismatched information to be displayed when using frame advance, and caused real time recordings to always have a mismatch of what animation is displayed, and what the info says.
041a4f8c 481ebd71
041a4f90 81990030
041a4f94 280c0000
041a4f98 4182000c
041a4f9c 7d8803a6
041a4fa0 4e800021

DRGN

Technowizard
Nice!

I think I've seen this happen before. And this is just in time for a project I'm working on to collect frames and moveset info!

Top Bottom