• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lag canceling shenanigans

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
We all know palutena can cancel the lag of her up b by doing it near the edge or on platforms. But I haven't seen people incorporate it much into their playstyles. I've been messing around with it for a while now and been trying different ways to utilize it. Here's some things I've been trying along with the usual up b near the ledge to edgeguard.

Lag canceling to regain invincibility frames

Lag canceling mix up

Lag canceling offstage to edgeguard and lag canceling on top platform to get down or attack

LC to regain the invincibility frames is pretty punishable but it can give you time to get an opening. Mix up is purely for style lol. LC around platforms gives palutena much more range and versatility, it can really change the game when pressuring with this. A lot is possible once you get the timing and spacing down. Since this can be used to be defensive and offensive you have tons of options. This is all I have for now though I have to say ITS INFURIATING trying to LC on a 3ds.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This is so flashy my god.

Now, is this a good enough excuse to run Warp over Jump Glide? HmMmmmm...

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
We've known about this for aaages, but we've been calling it Warp Cancelling. Still, it's nice for the newer Palutena players who weren't aware of it to know~

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
We've known about this for aaages, but we've been calling it Warp Cancelling. Still, it's nice for the newer Palutena players who weren't aware of it to know~
Just to clarify I know this has been a thing. I just thought about encouraging more Palutena mains to use it since I don't see many who do. Also I've always referred to it as "Lag canceling" so sorry if I'm saying it wrong.

Top Bottom