• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lackluster Customs

Shrooms2090

Smash Rookie
NNID
Emilio02
I am really excited for a customs meta, but....

What customs do we use?

It seems like most Falcon mains just use 1111, which seems kind of weird, because almost every other character can have many movesets that people consider viable.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I am really excited for a customs meta, but....

What customs do we use?

It seems like most Falcon mains just use 1111, which seems kind of weird, because almost every other character can have many movesets that people consider viable.
Falcon players rarely use specials anyway, default or not.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I th

I think we should develop a reliable recovery though, since its falcons biggest weakness other than being combo fodder
Sure, sure, take Falcon Strike if you want and don't mind the loss of a command grab. Nothing else really
helps with recovery (other than possibly Wind-Up Raptor Boost fakeouts).

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
I haven't been using Captain Falcon's customs much, but that stunning Falcon Kick looks good.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Lightning falcon kick is one of the best. If you can get a reset or land a hard lightning stun, you can extend into crazy long combos that end in guaranteed knees. It's one of the best customs out there imo.

That said none of the others are better than the default. I wish we could have gotten a Smash 64 style Falcon Punch though.

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
I use 2123, which has the Falcon Dash punch, which is good for catching your opponent off guard since they'll most likely think you have the default Falcon punch, and using the dashing punch you can actually go under stage with Falcon...I haven't found a use for this but one day I will. Then I use default raptor boost but I think heavy raptor boost is the best since it kills REALLY early, no exaggeration. I 'd love to use heavy raptor boost but it's not EVO legal, and since tournaments have the EVO sets, I can't use it with the set I want. For my up B I use the Falcon strike, which is the recovery which doesn't grab, but has a hit box at the beginning of it which does a bit of damage (not that much) but you can still get kills with it sometimes. The recovery of Falcon strike is insane, I love using it because I'm a person that goes really deep for kills, and I've been saved by it numerous times. Lightning Falcon kick is the Falcon kick I use, and I don't need to explain why I use that do I? Footstool combos for days.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I use 2123, which has the Falcon Dash punch, which is good for catching your opponent off guard since they'll most likely think you have the default Falcon punch, and using the dashing punch you can actually go under stage with Falcon...I haven't found a use for this but one day I will. Then I use default raptor boost but I think heavy raptor boost is the best since it kills REALLY early, no exaggeration. I 'd love to use heavy raptor boost but it's not EVO legal, and since tournaments have the EVO sets, I can't use it with the set I want. For my up B I use the Falcon strike, which is the recovery which doesn't grab, but has a hit box at the beginning of it which does a bit of damage (not that much) but you can still get kills with it sometimes. The recovery of Falcon strike is insane, I love using it because I'm a person that goes really deep for kills, and I've been saved by it numerous times. Lightning Falcon kick is the Falcon kick I use, and I don't need to explain why I use that do I? Footstool combos for days.
I can confirm in this man's ability to get footstool combos lol. Poor Ike with his awful laggy moves. He's so vulnerable to those lol.

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
Falcon is one of those characters that doesn't benefit much from customs as his standard move set gets the job done.

Top Bottom