• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lack of a Challenge (FG)

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
Anyone else finding a lack of a challenge on For Glory for the Wii U?

I assume that most of the 3DS owners would upgrade to the Wii U, but I'm finding that's not the case. Anyone else finding really low quality opponents? I'm referring to lack of shielding and if the character has charged projectiles, they'll go to the end of the stage charge up and I'll chase them back and forth. Right before the Wii U version came out, the 3DS opponents I'd generally find on For Glory would be pretty good.

I'm trying to get better with Shulk and facing trash I can speed blitz most of them with Monado Speed.

Winter W. Winter

Smash Rookie
NNID
VenExio
3DS FC
1650-1446-7034
It's going to vary unfortunately. I generally do For Glory as more of a warm up then anything. From what I can see there hasn't been a Friend Share thread setup quite yet like the 3DS forums have. I'd say challenge people on the forums since they're more likely dedicated and more competitive then random For Glory players.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

I assume that most of the 3DS owners would upgrade to the Wii U, but I'm finding that's not the case. Anyone else finding really low quality opponents? I'm referring to lack of shielding and if the character has charged projectiles, they'll go to the end of the stage charge up and I'll chase them back and forth. Right before the Wii U version came out, the 3DS opponents I'd generally find on For Glory would be pretty good.

I'm trying to get better with Shulk and facing trash I can speed blitz most of them with Monado Speed.
How many matches have you done? I've found two (possibly 3?) in about 40 matches, and one of them stayed for about 12 matches.

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
At least 100 battles (I got that notification) and I play mostly online with just a couple offline to try out the new, garbage, single modes. I have a 80%ish win rate (that's not a plug when your opponents are generally bad), but most of them are really easy. I was expecting 3DS players to switch to Wii U since the 3DS is a **** controller and the GC controller is awesome for this game.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I don't see any reason to believe NA has a lower ratio of people playing competitively though.

More likely - Shulk's just better on the Wii U. It's easier to see what's going on, making it easier to space. The more precise movement controls do wonders too.

imnotdannyboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ianjohn
3DS FC
2724-1003-3198

There are two possible reasons as to why, as of right now, you're going to find For Glory easier. My guess is that it's a combination of the two. Both relate to the youth of the game in comparison to Smash 3ds, and both will likely subside over time.

The first is the MMR/Elo/Matchmaking reset. The game does have some form of internal matchmaking, and if you're above average and have played 50/100/1000 games, you're going to play against better players than if you're above average and you've played 10. Your current matchmaking is not a realistic reflection of your skill level. In addition, there are plenty of players below average skill level who are currently being matched against players far better than them.

The second reason is based on the large influx of new players. Many people own a Wii U and not a 3ds. Many people don't want Smash on the 3ds but want it on the Wii U. Lots of these players are going to try For Glory for a bit because it's new to them, then drop it in a month or so. More will drop it in several months, and even more will drop it in years. Most of these players are not top For Glory players. The game is two weeks old, so these players are still giving it a shot to **** around and have fun.

It'll subside. Give it a few months and you'll start having your ass handed to you on a regular basis.

Top Bottom