• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L canceling in 64 is NBD?

D

Deleted member

Just a quick question, why is L-canceling in melee a big deal, when I never hear anything about X canceling, or Z canceling, or whatever it's called. Is L canceling just as important in Smash 64?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
without it you move very slow in comparison to those who use it; it's not a big deal if people you play against don't use it, but as soon as one person does, that person gains a HUGE advantage over the others

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

without it you move very slow in comparison to those who use it; it's not a big deal if people you play against don't use it, but as soon as one person does, that person gains a HUGE advantage over the others
I knew that, I just didn't know why nobody ever talks about it in 64.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What do you expect people to talk about regarding Z Canceling? It's a straightforward technique, not much interesting about it really

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you expect people to talk about regarding Z Canceling? It's a straightforward technique, not much interesting about it really
I'm almost an expert in Brawl and SSB4, but I only played 64 out of a really bad emulator, I just think it's used in melee more, and I never see pros use it on YouTube videos and twitch streams.

D

Deleted member

I didn't expect my forum post to be this successful. Let me pat myself on the back.:mewtwopm:

yttik

I'm almost an expert in Brawl and SSB4, but I only played 64 out of a really bad emulator, I just think it's used in melee more, and I never see pros use it on YouTube videos and twitch streams.
What pros have you seen not use it?!

It should have become a habit way before the person was every considered a pro.

It's used the same amount for both 64 and Melee, since you are supposed to use it pretty much every time you land. It's even easier in 64 so why not.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
It's more important and more used in 64 than in melee. since it cuts out 100% of aerial lag in 64 (50% for melee?) as a result u can really wall people out with aerials in 64 compared to melee and there's also a lot more aerial combo chains. idk what u mean by u don't see it being used? it's rarely talked about because it is frankly very easy once you get used to doing it and it is second nature for most of us.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Why is Star King the only person correcting him to Z cancelling? Which is also a stupid and confusing phrase.
Or is he talking about taunt cancelling?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
z cancel = using the Z button. acceptable terminology
L cancel = abbreviation to cancel all landing lag on aerials. acceptable terminology

anything studstill calls it = unacceptable terminology

Top Bottom