• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L-Canceling Firebird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastergamerbrett

Smash Rookie
I've heard stories from friends about Falcos going into Firebird, Canceling it and then going into a Phantasm. Is this complete BS or is there some fact behind this?

pdk

Smash Lord
B button moves cannot be l-canceled at all, end of story

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
He may have been stalling w/ the Firebird, and then Phantasmed.

That's the only feasible theory.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
He may have been stalling w/ the Firebird, and then Phantasmed.

That's the only feasible theory.
not even a good theory, its exactly what they meant. its the only explanation. notice that the guy didnt mention lcancel in his post, just in the topic. he's guessing lcancel but ofc that cant be done. they were talking about firebird at the ledge..

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
not even a good theory, its exactly what they meant. its the only explanation. notice that the guy didnt mention lcancel in his post, just in the topic. he's guessing lcancel but ofc that cant be done. they were talking about firebird at the ledge..
I never said it was a GOOD theory, I said it was the only feasible one.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Maybe they firefoxxed into the ground from the air and then phantasmed out of it?

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Could be that the firebird ended right before hitting the ground, making it look like it had no lag, then the phantasm came out.
Whatever happened, a B move still can't be canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom