• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown vs Marth (Ozz)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
kown, was it you who's glide attack i perfect shielded into a waft this weekend, or esca? >_> I need to bring it up when the pit section gets back to evaluating matchups and tries to say we can't beat your glide attack again.

kown

Smash Lord
kown, was it you who's glide attack i perfect shielded into a waft this weekend, or esca? >_> I need to bring it up when the pit section gets back to evaluating matchups and tries to say we can't beat your glide attack again.
dont recall that being me.. anyways pit already has a huge advantage over wario lmao.. ggs at hobo 14

now stick to critiques!!

KY_Des

Smash Ace
You're not zoning enough. You spent most of your time fighting Marth while he was on the ground. Get him in the air, Marth is really weak to attacks from beneath him. You also didn't edgeguard him at all. One of Marth's disadvantages is his mediocre recovery. Take advantage of it and edgeguard him. You could also try shield grabbing him more often. Pit's throws help him to get an advantageous position on the stage, which is a biiiiig help against Marth. Positioning is a big part of this matchup.

You also do alot of random stuff I don't quite understand. Sometimes you just jump around throwing out aerials for no reason. Why do you do that?

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, Wing up+b may look pretty but it isn't practical for every situation. Besides using it to buffer certain projectiles you should only use it to approach a character that is recovering from the top corners of the map. Don't messaround with Marth in an up close battle, your only advantage on the ground is projectiles and grab... get him in the air so you can attack him from below.

Gimp marth's ****ty recovery too. If you are bad with time ledge hog, you can practice shield reflecting his up+b.

S.D

Smash Master
You seemed to want to spotdodge out of every shield, when often you would have been better off buffering an attack.

Also be careful with WOI, you seemed to want to use it too often as a way of returning to the ground from high up, it became predictable and you got punished for it.

Siblingz

Smash Rookie
I didnt' get the point of randomly using aerials (Where you know they won't connect) . Your opponent won't charge at you.

Top Bottom