• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Klaw = Killer Kamakaze?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
In all the videos I've seen of Bowser players using the Klaw to grab their opponents and leap off the edge with them, I've never once seen an opponent wiggle out of the move. He ALWAYS takes them down with him.

Is it possible to wiggle out or is this a guaranteed kill/suicide?

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
This was in the developers' best interests and attempts to balance Bowser. :O Well, Bowser will certainly be one extremely scary beast if he has one more stock than you, even if you're at 0% and he's at 179%.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
This thread is KKKRAZY!!

Anywayz, I've never seen anyone escape from it, Bowsercide may be a decent option for Bowser.

Imagine it. You've got 2 stock, your opponent has 1, land the move and you've won.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen and hear, it's not escapable. Seems a little broken to me...
But hopefully you can somehow escape from that move - maybe Gimpy can tell us more.

greetz

P.S.:
Man, there were more K's in your topic title then a German dictionary!
Do we have so much K's? I never noticed that, lol :chuckle:

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Bowsercide = God
if Final Destination is the standard tourney stage like in melee

Arkane

Smash Apprentice
Koopa Klaw? Killer Kamakaze? No, son.

That's the Kooplex.

Koopa. Suplex. Kooplex.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
I tested it a bit now. Sometimes both die simultaneously, sometimes Bowser dies later, winning the game.

It seems completely random. I tried Clawing them from behind, from the front and from the air, and sometimes both lose their last stock leading to Sudden Death, sometimes Bowser survives and wins.

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
So the move is the same if you hit side-B in the air? I noticed that Ganondorf's changes a little, but haven't seen a Bowser land an aerial side-B in any videos.

To those saying it's broken: come on. After all the slings and arrows Bowser had to endure in Melee, he deserves a move or two for people to complain about how unfair that move is! (It's nothing near wobbling, that's for sure.) If you're on your last stock and Bowser isn't, just keep away from the ledges.

Edit: Just saw the aerial version in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOASsoyghQ where a later use of the klaw ended the match. Wolf died before Bowser, which makes me think that who dies first may have something to do with damage?

Weed

Smash Lord
Uh, in a 1vs1 match, no matter how many lives : Bowser gets first kill -> Bowser wins.
So you're implying that Bowser has the capability to stay on top of every other character, assuming he gets one kill? Hell no.
He's still slow, he still gets comboed (assuming there are combos in Brawl xD), grabbed, *****, everything.

Unless you're a complete idiot, you wont die from every single Koopa Klaw..sorry..Kooplex.

Dais

Smash Cadet
With the two delays, you'd think at the very least they would have more time to play and test the game. Now we got a Suicide Suplex and the complete edgehogation of tether recoveries. Didn't they work on this game for a couple of years? I thought it would be really polished when it finally came out. But in a week, people have already found broken stuff and glitches. Koopa's klaw is so obvious it must have been left in on purpose. So play as Bowser and edgehog Olimar & Ivysaur than do one Koopaside and you win. Sounds fun :( Maybe only walk-off stages will be allowed in tournaments now.

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
Olimar has a range and speed advantage over Bowser, ZSS has a big speed advantage, and Ivysaur can just be switched out for Charizard when a KO is threatened.

We can't say anything's broken if no one has broken it and no one else has tried and failed to counter it yet.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I vote that the move is the Kooplex when you smash them into the ground but it should be the Klawmikaze when you suicide with it.

Top Bottom