• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KO potential

nomnomnom

Smash Cadet
Diddy's got good skills when it comes to racking up damage... but what about KOing? I've noticed in the matches I play diddy I have trouble killing people if I can't spike or use sideb to edgeguard. the best I've got is fsmash's second hit, but other than that diddy seems to be sorely lacking in KO moves.

What are his options?

Faustum

Smash Rookie
You can downsmash or use his forward aerial to kill too. Problem is, a lot of his KO moves are also nice for building damage so by the time you need to use them you've weakened them with the stale moves effect.

But yes, if you had to categorize him, Diddy is one of those characters who does well stacking damage but has a harder time killing.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
allot of my kos come from aireils (i dont think i spelled that right) but yea dont rely on just those three for kills his forward air to ledge hog on ike is just wonderful

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
you have to chase them and then rocket back to the platform, otherwise you have to sit and take chances edge guarding. harder to do on good recovery characters, but it destroys characters like marth, ike and other characters that up-B vertically, where your spike probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway. pretty obvious thing, i know, just sayin.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm just going to throw this out, and it's more about Brawl than Diddy, that edge guarding is not really going to work anymore like it used to. It shouldn't be relied upon for KOs.

All of Diddy's best KO moves have already been listed here (Fair, Dsmash, etc.), with the exception of his Up B...which can kill pretty easily as the finish to an aerial combo. No charge.

Switch up your damaging attacks, cause Diddy's got a lot of good ones, chase character's off stage, and then just let the KOs happen.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
forward smash is really the only consistent KO move.
d-smash a little less so

Diddy kong is all edgeguarding.

@dan smith, i'm pretty sure their damage has to be REALLLLY high to kill with up b, i've tried it a bunch it barely knocks them anyway. Edgeguarding works, you just have to be smarter about it, you can't just stand on the edge and f-smash anymore. it take prediction and knowledge of your character and your opponents character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FSmash is great, though you'll need to hit it well cause I noticed that if you don't hit the second hit too well your opponent gets sent upwards instead of straight vertical as it should.

Really, I didn't had a real hard time finishing with Diddy. Downsmash works really well when a oponent is hanging on the cliff, and Fair works nice as well if not used in a while. And at higher precentages, even Uair will kill lighter characters of in Battlefield, so there are plenty of options besides edgeguarding I think.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont have any problems killing with diddy, when i actually connect anyway. they've all been said before, but you can:

-Fsmash
-Dsmash
-fair
-dair (Diddy's dair is so great once you're used to it)
-bair at higher percentages

Top Bottom