• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Known moves & analysis

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
I poured through videos and confirmed with analysis videos from other sources and patched together WFT's move list and a bit of analysis on how the attacks functions. Shout outs to GameXplain and Everything Smash for their deep analytic for this series we all love. A couple of side notes here:
1) the game is still under development so things could change being removed at any point.
2) there are some moves that are a guess of where they go. Ive seen them with my own eyes so I know the exist, but it a guess some times which one it is.
3) My knownalge of Yoga is weak. I knew some before Smash 4 was ever talked about like tree pose, but alot of them I guess at the names at. If you know a better name let me know and i'll fix it.

B
B: Sun Salutation: A typical charge attack like Samus' chargeshot. Not much to say here.
Down B: Deep Breathing: The first straight up buff and QTE in Smash to my recollection.
Up B: Hula hoops: looks like you have control of some vertical distance but not much
Side B: Volleyball spike: Speculation this one, but ln on it looks like its a charge in place but you can tilt the stick before release in order to control the trajectory so it is a nice edge guard tool.

A/Tilts/Smashes
neutral: warm up stretches. Seems fast as you would expect a jab to be. Seems to mimic in aspects Cpt. Falcon's Gentlemen where the second hit is a knee, at the rest of the attacks are rapid jabs.
Up tilt: Pushup and reach: funnily enough, this tilt looks to lower her hurtbox as she stretches her hand up for the hit.
Down tilt: Knees out. Looks fats, but has allot of ending lag.
Forward Tilt: Leg Stretch. this one has a hitbox in front and in back, making it a great option.
Up smash: Tree Pose. this seems to have a precise hitbox on the up part, but she also moves her knees out so like a few of her other attacks, this could hit multiple sides.
Forward smash: Strong Stance. this is the first move we learned she had as it was in her reveal trailer. Looks like it will hit forward and backward too.
Down Smash: Kneeling arm and leg stretch. Looks quick and hit forward and back at the same time, makes it a great option.

Aerials
Neutral Arm/Leg Out stretch. Like her other attacks it is fast and hits foward and back at the same time.
Foward: Unknown
Back: dropkick. Looks like ZSS or Dk's back air from SSB64
Down: Stomp: Again, more like Falcon. Heres hoping it's a spike.

Throws
Grab Attack: Knees
Up: Unkown.
Down: Leap frog. This throws the enemy down and back.
Forward: Vollyball Serve. It looks like this can lead to chain grabs as it doesn't have must distance
Back::Unknown

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Her forward throw was shown briefly on the 3ds on tortimer island in the direct, it's a volleyball serve.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Up smash: Tree Pose. this seems to have a precise hitbox on the up part, but she also moves her knees out so like a few of her other attacks, this could hit multiple sides.

Aerials
Neutral Arm/Leg Out stretch. Like her other attacks it is fast and hits foward and back at the same time.
Foward: Unknown
WFT does extend her leg out on the Tree Pose, and it actually works.
http://youtu.be/FY7UVPaJpYk?t=2m12s

Neutral Aerial:

Forward Aerial:

Sorry for bad screenshots.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
WFT does extend her leg out on the Tree Pose, and it actually works.
http://youtu.be/FY7UVPaJpYk?t=2m12s

Neutral Aerial:

Forward Aerial:

Sorry for bad screenshots.
Hmm. I think we'll have to see if what's what when the demo is released. What you have as her Nut air I have as her Up air since it attacks upwards. And the forward air I think is the Nut air as from the video Ive seen doesn't show much of any knock back, and like other's nut air can hit both sides. Was there something that goes with it that makes you think that is the Nut and fair?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If her Nair were a Sex Kick would be nice.
Unlikely because doesn't fit her style, but given her mobility it'd be great.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with it being what I think it is. Unlike the first to games it looks like not many characters will be able to do long aerial combos as knockback is in line with brawl. This means in the air you could nair to nair to nair to fair/dair/bair (in theory)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Her Neutral AAA did a "pitfall" on DK in this video...which might've been a glitch, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Around 51 secs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXTMnUNypI

And her Up Aerial is the Half Moon Pose, which is also shown in that video.

It's not a glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVl8STF-xWs&index=4&list=PLlIHVxA7UoL1b9OwOj4Ci13oWKu8KFb9N

Sher seriously pitfalls the opponent with her jab.
That's ridiculous!

This essentially gives her easy kill confirms off of one of her quickest moves.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Her back throw looks like she's giving hopping over the enemy with a "leapfrog" style animation, and her up throw is almost like a volleyball setup kind of,

Chaos Archangel

Smash Cadet
Who could forget one of the most iconic Nintendo characters, harkening back to our childhood days and bringing back all forts of euphoric memories? VGBootcamp didn't they even got a video of her/his moves!

Wii Fit Trainer

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
All her moves have precise hit boxes for sure, she's got good speed, great jumps, and weird movements. She can also dodge a lot of moves via crouching or down attacks (which could be a good punisher while an opponent is using a mid or high attack).

The opponents can easily escape the pitfall at low percentages, which Im glad because then she would probably be OP,
Her pitfall finish almost seems necessary for her character to ensure kills. She doesn't have a lot of strength or KO moves from what I've seen and played. Only her smash attacks and Sun Salutation.

I'm just hoping that she can combo easily to rack up damage.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
All her moves have precise hit boxes for sure, she's got good speed, great jumps, and weird movements. She can also dodge a lot of moves via crouching or down attacks (which could be a good punisher while an opponent is using a mid or high attack).

The opponents can easily escape the pitfall at low percentages, which Im glad because then she would probably be OP,
Her pitfall finish almost seems necessary for her character to ensure kills. She doesn't have a lot of strength or KO moves from what I've seen and played. Only her smash attacks and Sun Salutation.

I'm just hoping that she can combo easily to rack up damage.
She actually has plenty of strength, and also can do a lot of %, but yeah, her hit-boxes are quite small.

Her Utilt, Dtilt, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, BAir, and to a lesser degree, Ftilt, Sun Salutation and FAir can all KO well. (The first 5 do so incredibly well.) So I think she has enough KO moves.

Really, if it weren't for her puny hit-boxes, she could easily be slated as a high tier character.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
She actually has plenty of strength, and also can do a lot of %, but yeah, her hit-boxes are quite small.

Her Utilt, Dtilt, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, BAir, and to a lesser degree, Ftilt, Sun Salutation and FAir can all KO well. (The first 5 do so incredibly well.) So I think she has enough KO moves.

Really, if it weren't for her puny hit-boxes, she could easily be slated as a high tier character.
Thanks for the info! I wasn't aware that her tilts were that strong, being such fast attacks and all. She's turning out to be a much more technical character than I had anticipated and I love it.

I'm kinda glad that she isn't rated as a high tier (so far). I never enjoyed playing as a character that everyone selects just because that character is good.

What other changes do you think will be made to WFT by the time the game releases?

Top Bottom