• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Know Your Power--A Beginner's Guide to Meta Knight

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
TriforceOfAura submitted a new guide:

Know Your Power--A Beginner's Guide to Meta Knight - A guide on Meta Knight explaining his moves, easy combos, and other facets of him.

Who is Meta Knight? And more importantly, why should you play as him?
Meta Knight is a returning Brawl veteran hailing from the Kirby series, with his first appearance in Kirby's Adventure(NES, 1993), but not really evolving into a main character until Kirby Super Star(SNES, 1997). Meta Knight's appearance in Brawl is usually synonymous with the words "God-tier", as Meta Knight is usually regarded to be the greatest character...
Read more about this guide...

busken

Smash Ace
this was pretty unnecessary imo. @Bonk! has already written a guide and knows much more about the character then you. Also, much can be learned about MK just by lurking the general discussion thread.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
this was pretty unnecessary imo. @Bonk! has already written a guide and knows much more about the character then you. Also, much can be learned about MK just by lurking the general discussion thread.
Geez, sorry if I offended you. I didn't expect hate mail from this, but by all means, insult my knowledge and redirect me somewhere else, saying what I made isn't useful. Other people can make guides, too. I was trying to put personal experiences into a guide, sorry if that offends you.

busken

Smash Ace
Geez, sorry if I offended you. I didn't expect hate mail from this, but by all means, insult my knowledge and redirect me somewhere else, saying what I made isn't useful. Other people can make guides, too. I was trying to put personal experiences into a guide, sorry if that offends you.
Dude, don't take this the wrong way. Any effort put into furthering a character's development is appreciated, I just stated that with what we already have its not needed. That doesn't discredit your effort, interest, or knowledge on the character. I apologize if I came off as offensive.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Dude, don't take this the wrong way. Any effort put into furthering a character's development is appreciated, I just stated that with what we already have its not needed. That doesn't discredit your effort, interest, or knowledge on the character. I apologize if I came off as offensive.
Eh, you very well may be right. It did come off as a little harsh, and I'm not normally one to take constructive criticism well(one of the things I need to work on), but still, I really shouldn't have overreacted. It's all right, it's nice to know someone reads it at least.

busken

Smash Ace
Eh, you very well may be right. It did come off as a little harsh, and I'm not normally one to take constructive criticism well(one of the things I need to work on), but still, I really shouldn't have overreacted. It's all right, it's nice to know someone reads it at least.
I hope you stay contributing and keep playing MK. :)

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
One thing to stress is that Up B OOS is really important, because since MK can only convert kills via juggles started from mainly risky options like dash attack, dash grab, etc. Players that constantly avoid that will give you trouble so Up OOS is really important. F-tilt is also really important for beating spot dodge as well, since dash grab and dash attack can be avoided with spot dodge. F-tilt can also combo into Up B so yeah. Everything else with U-air strings are pretty much all over the boards. Bonk and Ito made a bunch of videos on u-airs into footstools, back air tech chase, etc.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
One thing to stress is that Up B OOS is really important, because since MK can only convert kills via juggles started from mainly risky options like dash attack, boost grab, etc. Players that constantly avoid that will give you trouble so Up OOS is really important. F-tilt is also really important for beating spot dodge as well, since boost grab and dash attack can be avoided with spot dodge. F-tilt can also combo into Up B so yeah. Everything else with U-air strings are pretty much all over the boards. Bonk and Ito made a bunch of videos on u-airs into footstools, back air tech chase, etc.
I'll look into those. I did leave out that crucial piece of information.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
"Most notably, his most reliable kill tool(and that's saying something, because Meta Knight is *** at killing), Dimensional Cape, his down special."

-vomits-

busken

Smash Ace
this is seriously the worst guide on MK i've ever read
"Most notably, his most reliable kill tool(and that's saying something, because Meta Knight is *** at killing), Dimensional Cape, his down special."

-vomits-
The guide may not be great but if you wish to give criticism at least do so in a nice manner. I'm not tryna mod or anything but demotivating feedback is just not good for the board.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
If you're not that knowledgable about a character and/or dont even main him, maybe dont write a "guide" on how to play said character.

IDK man, just sayin'.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
The guide may not be great but if you wish to give criticism at least do so in a nice manner. I'm not tryna mod or anything but demotivating feedback is just not good for the board.
yeah that kind of guide has no place on the guides board or on the MK board at all. I couldn't give any constructive criticism because there isn't anything in the guide that could be fixed as a result of the criticism. it's seriously -all- wrong. either delete the guide or do a buttload of research and rewrite it - this time in a useful way with information that's correct.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I kinda regret not giving the guide 1 star and giving it 2, because I figured at least there was SOME information that was partially correct.

I suggest you delete this guide, you've already managed to convince one guy (the first reviewer) this is how MK is played, and when new people are looking to learn him (especially after Leo) I do not want this guide to be on the top for them. It's even titled "Beginners guide" so beginners will most likely look to this guide to see how MK is played. I really do not wish for them to be misinformed like that. Most people look to the more recent guides as they could have more information, but this guide should not be the one they look at, Especially not over @Bonk! 's guide.

I know I sound completely rude, but don't take it personally.

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo

-vomits-
How can someone even say Meta Knight has bad kill options without being parody?

Sorry, but this guide has major issues, and is just going to confuse new players.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I guess he's not going to take it down for some stupid pride reasons. The most we can do is rate it poorly so people stray away from it, I guess.

Top Bottom