• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klaw Suicide

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Everyone is freaking out about the klaw suicide and I'm just goin to ruin the fun right here.

Alright, say you are up a stock and on the right edge facing left and you ledgehop klaw somebody for an SD kill on the last stock, and you hold right to go flying off the edge.

If the opponent forgets his brain, he dies and you win.

If he has a brain, he counter di's and you dont go ANYWHERE.

Basically, your opponent has the power to direct you right or left either, you can only go so far with this, so if both of you hold the same direction you go as far as one of you holding that direction and the other doing nothing, if you are holding opposite directions you go straight up and straight down. You pretty much CANNOT klaw suicide somebody with a brain, but you can trick people with this by bringing your klaw onto upper platforms and the like, since it is still a kill move at midhigh percents. You should be landing a lot of klaw's too, so keep that in mind, vary up your movements, set up for platform kills and the like.

Basically to sum it up, klaw isn't broken, calm down everyone.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Suppose you could fake someone out on the moving part of Smashville (or some other small platform)? Koopa Klaw them, then don't hold a direction, but they DI thinking you will.

Very specific, but would be a great kill.

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah, I noticed that when playing the other day.

Keep in mind that Bowser can still suicide you if he gets you close enough to the edge, but its not like he can KO you from midstage like some people think (because if you DI with him, he can kill you from the middle part of a small stage like Smashville).

It's not broken at all. And really, its the opposite of Kirby suicides. Bowser can punish opponents who are camping him at the edge. If a Bowser tries to spam then just be more aggresive, keep your back from the edge, and DI correctly.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
gimpyfish = a noob.

lets see:

it gives inf jumps so you can do an aerial, then claw, then aerial, then claw, and just repeat. so not only are you throwing out a wall of aerials, you also have the assurance of having a claw right after for EXTRA protection. the suicide isn't the problem. if u dont see that as broken then you took too many sick days during elementary school.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
So what if they can DI to stop a suicide? I'm not a fan of using such tactics. I'm still landing the attack even if they don't die from it. Then again, they may die from it anyway if the damage percentage is high on them.

This doesn't affect my plans at all.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
gimpyfish = a noob.

lets see:

it gives inf jumps so you can do an aerial, then claw, then aerial, then claw, and just repeat. so not only are you throwing out a wall of aerials, you also have the assurance of having a claw right after for EXTRA protection. the suicide isn't the problem. if u dont see that as broken then you took too many sick days during elementary school.
He did not say it was a bad move. He said it wasn't a reliable suicide move.

Oh, and stop taking sick days from school, so you can learn to read and write properly.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
If you seriously thinkt he klaw jumping thing is broken you haven't played this game and you dont know how small of a hitbox is on his forward air, and how open it can leave you to simply repeat doing that. It isn't even remotely broken.

This topic isn't about the jumps, it's about the klaw suicide, that is why the topic is called "Klaw Suicide".

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
hey gimpy! thanks for inspiring me to main bowser and jigglypuff (somehow)!

and yeah Im pretty tired of people thinking the Klaw is broken when you can avoid a Suicide simply by holding left or right XD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think some people think the Klaw is broken because you cannot escape from the throw. Not only is this move strong, and cool-looking, it's better than Kirbycides!

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Badly typed but you got the point across I suppose. Still, regardless it can be a very cheap way to win for Bowser users. However, skill is skill and everything goes in my opinion.

technomancer

Smash Champion
gimpyfish = a noob.

lets see:

Don't make me shoot a projectile at you... or just hit you out of any of the above moves...

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
none of those things are broken at all, except for MAYBE final smashes
It depends upon your definition of broken. I'm not sure if you can DI out of being hit against a wall with A moves, but I'm pretty sure shining and Falco's lasers are both inescapable. They both lead into a KO or a stall.

I've never considered his suicide broken (I knew instinctively that Nintendo was not foolish enough to forget to put a regulating factor in the attack), but for some reason, I don't think they saw so many infinites in the game's execution.

FS's are the least broken if you take into consideration some of the less useful ones (most notably DK's). Sure, some let you take multiple stock, but let's face it, not many groups will use them for any amount of prolonged time (eventually people will get sick of lucky Smash Balls ending matches). And it may not be completely decided whether they are going to be used in competitive play or not, but since some of them can take multiple stock, and some not at all, odds are that they aren't going to be.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Well, your ability to DI it depends on how much damage you have. More damage = less DI, so you can only really klawcide when they have significantly more damage than you do, which is pretty impractical. Whaddya know, it is balanced.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone has probably already mentioned this and I forgot to post it last week after I tested it, but if you Klaw Suicide with both players having just one stock left, the game goes into Sudden Death.

If you Klaw Suicide in Sudden Death, you (the Klaw Suicider, that is) win. So a Koopa Claw in Sudden Death is always a guaranteed win, I guess. DI:ed KO move or Suicide win.

gimpyfish = a noob.

lets see:

You know what I'd do if you did that? Shieldjump nair/fair/bair/uair you in the face. Bowser's aerials are so slow and laggy (even the fastest ones) they're punishable with or without Koopa Klaw canceled infinite jumps. Once the hitbox is retreating, all the opponent has to do is jump out and whack you.

And BTW, Gimpyfish is banned? I didn't know mods could get banned :p.

Krax

Smash Rookie
I'm a Bowser fan i haven't played Brawl yet but from some vids I've seen of you the klaw is the main attack you use to suicide and win I'm wondering if i should use that attack in my strategie to kill if I'm close to winning a match

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
from what ive seen of brawl vids its not a good idea to suicide. sure the opponent dies but you die as well and its definately not broken as some are saying. i personally think its completely balanced.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm a Bowser fan i haven't played Brawl yet but from some vids I've seen of you the klaw is the main attack you use to suicide and win I'm wondering if i should use that attack in my strategie to kill if I'm close to winning a match
Suiciding in a match with 1 stock left each will result in Sudden Death. It's only in Sudden Death where Koopa Suicide will win you the match.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
Suiciding in a match with 1 stock left each will result in Sudden Death. It's only in Sudden Death where Koopa Suicide will win you the match.

no, there is a bug, least on the version i have, where if the bowser is player1, then they will win, if the bowser is player 2-4 it will go sudden death.

least that part of the move is broken and bugged.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Actually, it says on the Dojo that if you bowsercide when you both have one stock left, bowser is supposed to just get a win right there. So if anything its a bug that it goes into sudden death :psycho:

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it says on the Dojo that if you bowsercide when you both have one stock left, bowser is supposed to just get a win right there. So if anything its a bug that it goes into sudden death :psycho:
It depends on what charector you use it on. I've Koopacided gannons and ZSS and have died first, but when I use it on MK, Pit, and TL i dont die first.

Unless theres some crazy DI going on -_-

wodan46

Smash Cadet
did someone actually call gimpyfish a noob?

DADDY, you are hereby banned from the internet. and life.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Umm, mindgames won't really work either for klaw suicide, because no one will actually DI off the stage unless they're seriously ********, and if they're that ******** I doubt they'll know about DI anyway. :<

Top Bottom