• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kish Prime/Chozenone What did you do?

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
My teamates (Ragnorock ,Mr.p) called me from IN. I was suppose to go but my job wouldnt let me. During the singles and double tournament and they were telling me who was there and they were telling me how you guys
were resting the hell out of people. he told me kish owned with the up tilt into rest on darkrain (which i heard people where sucking up to him) and others. chozenone f*@#ed people up when they made mistakes. Rag played chozenone with falco, not sure about
kish and he lost to you with your awesome rest ability. its VERY hard for me to beat his fox and i can beat his falco but i only seem to rest fox and falco with U-Throw into rest.

I know how to do the U-Air into U-tilt Combo, but thats it and kish was using
U-Tilt really well.
when exactly do you guys use U-tilt
please help
if anybody nos a good ways to catch people into rest with in any way please let
me no

Ohh and Kish/Chozenone or anybody if you have any good jiggly matches on
filefront (I made this thread at school and youtube doesnt work here) please post them here cause im the only jiggs player were im located (as far as i know) and at every bi- weekly i have been to i am the only jiggly player.
it would really help?

Thanks ahead to everyone

"But Until then I got to see you Pop Lock and Drop"

Sliq

Smash Master
If they shield and aerial, and are late to jump out of their shield, or their jump animation is long, you can shield stun them with an aerial, land behind them (or land in front of them and pivot away from them) and u-tilt. They get hit by it because they drop their shield when they went to jump out of it, right into your attack. This is at least how I get most of my utilt rests. The utilt comes out so slowly that this only works if I time it perfectly.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
And that's what I can never land because it's so slow most pros get away from it before it comes out.

The vids with Darkrain should be up eventually. When they are they'll probably post them. Fox/Falco are always a hard match, but I just try to get them in the air then wavedash around to space, then space animal slayer. Nothing fancy really.

TheLegend

Smash Ace
Resting is totally dependent on mindgames. Predicting your opponents double jumps and such... following DI, and predicting where they will move next.

ChozenOne usually anticipates a grab or roll.. and rests them during their lag. If they roll, he CCs and then rests them... if they grab he sidesteps, and rests. CCing Marth/Shiek's grab is relativly common in his game.. so if you do see him playing he's probably shorthop resting alot. Another nice trick, is waiting for a Marth to Fsmash, WDing forward and resting... or Rolling just as they Fsmash, and resting them then... this however is punished by WDing back, and repeating the execution of another Fsmash.

Against Fastfallers, Chozen also often does a rising pound just as they short hop which can cause them to just fall into the ground right behind him.. then if they don't tech [btw, this happens very quickly and there ussually isn't much reaction time allowed here, so whether they tech or not you have to attempt the rest reguardless of hitting them or not] rest them.

Pretty much he punishes rolling, grabbing, double jumping, laggy moves, and bad DI.

note- Chozen doesn't incorporate Utilt into his game very much unless he does a falling Uair-->Utilt due to its unreliable, and DI dependant nature...

Top Bottom