• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Final Smash could have been better...

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Before Cook Kirby was announced, I was almost sure his final smash would be a watered-down version of Crash Kirby, or even Mike Kirby. Maybe with a sound wave that radiates out and hits people for damage/KO. How did his two most powerful copy moves from his other games get pushed out for a chef?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*Sigh, Bring's up answer again*

Cook Kirby fit's his nature, a cute puffball with a bottomless stomach that LOVE to eat and afraid not to eat. So yes, Cook Kirby is the best ability to give him. Let's not give him an overpowering Final Smash like Mike or OMG Crash because's they will have to tone it down too much becauses it's so powerful, if that was the case, why don't Ness have PK Omaga, why don't Samus go hyper mode and blast her hyper blaster, why can't Link be Fierce Deity Link, or why isn't Ike's Aether like in his games.... too overpowering right.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Those characters don't have those things because you are right, they are too powerful. But this is the Final Smash we're talking about... Below 100% there is nothing final about Cook Kirby; 34% damage and decent (but not KO-worthy) knockback are not deserving of the title Final Smash.

In fact, it's quite the opposite; a little free damage, maybe some combo potential since you've got them in the air, but by no means a kill move like most of the others' Final Smashes. I would support the decision to tone down an extremely powerful ability like Mike or Crash into something still somewhat Final but not godlike. Nothing wrong with giving Kirby a Mike that shoots out sound waves in one direction, perhaps like Mario's only shorter duration and a little more kill-worthy. Maybe he uses all three Mikes at once, in one direction, then the opposite, then an area around him, the first two cause simple damage and knockback and the last one can (but doesn't always) kill.

Plus you cannot deny everyone would love to see Kirby's final Mike pose. Rawk Kirby FTW! =)

Aagen

Smash Rookie
I agree that Kirby's FS could be better. That was the one thing I believed could've been better about Kirby.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
to complain about his FS you either dont know how to use it right or you just dont understand the advantage it gives you. Which would also be the same as what i said first.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
The fs for kirby could have been better but I can't think of any ting else besides kirby and food ( or cooking pot).

Top Bottom