• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Custom moves video

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Cool! This is what I'd choose:

B=1, sometimes 2.
Side B=Any, but mostly 2.
Up B=1
Down B=Any, but mostly 2.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
MY HAMMERCOPTER IS STILL IN. YEEEEEEESSSSS.

The other B attacks look ok. MAYBE I'd pick Ice Breath if my opponent had a useless power or something.
New stone options look nice.
New Cutters don't. Is the rock one's projectile farther or something? Not a fan of either of them.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Kirby's Up-B 3 seems like the safest recovery option and makes his off stage game seem really ridiculous with almost no down-side (could be paired really well with the Down-B 3 and its spike). Considering how useless I thought his Up-B was in Brawl, I will definitely be using Up-B 3 whenever custom moves are allowed.

Neutral-B 3 seems like it could be used near the edge of the stage and can be used to punish landings and put characters with a worse recovery than you into bad situations if you spit them out further away from the stage. Otherwise I would stick to Neutral-B 1.

Down-B was always gimmicky, but I NEVER used it against anyone that was grounded, which makes Down-B 2 seem useless to me. I will probably always pick Down-B 3 because of the off-stage punish that is suddenly more realistic with the new ledge mechanics. A spike sounds better than sending them at an angle and giving them more of a chance to recover.

Side-B 2 seems like the obvious choice for me because of aerial hammer and it seems to be the fastest out of the three hammers.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Kirby's Up-B 3 seems like the safest recovery option and makes his off stage game seem really ridiculous with almost no down-side (could be paired really well with the Down-B 3 and its spike). Considering how useless I thought his Up-B was in Brawl, I will definitely be using Up-B 3 whenever custom moves are allowed.

Neutral-B 3 seems like it could be used near the edge of the stage and can be used to punish landings and put characters with a worse recovery than you into bad situations if you spit them out further away from the stage. Otherwise I would stick to Neutral-B 1.

Down-B was always gimmicky, but I NEVER used it against anyone that was grounded, which makes Down-B 2 seem useless to me. I will probably always pick Down-B 3 because of the off-stage punish that is suddenly more realistic with the new ledge mechanics. A spike sounds better than sending them at an angle and giving them more of a chance to recover.

Side-B 2 seems like the obvious choice for me because of aerial hammer and it seems to be the fastest out of the three hammers.

Jumping inhale makes a decent recovery too. It gets Kirby through the air faster horizontally than his flying would

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Adding to GrnFzzTgr's statement
Giant Hammer has Super Armor on while it is charging.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Meteor Stone forces you to stay transformed so long that you end up SDing most of the time. >_<

How can you guys not like the jumping Inhale though? It's an amazing mobility option and makes up for the absurd startup that normal Inhale has.

Top Bottom