• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirbycide

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I saw a few videos on the kirbycide, which made me laugh a lot. Is it still possible to do that in SSBB now?

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Basically, the Kirbycide would have made Kirby unbalanced with his new buffs AND that still in the game. Swallowcides are still in, but they kill you and the opponent on contact.

JakeDaSnake

Smash Rookie
I found on melee that if you shoot them out of your mouth just before death, then you don't have to do the 1 or 2 frame jump. Does this still work in brawl?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Swallow, footstool jump. It's a bit harder to do but it can still kill characters which have almost no horizontal recovery like Ike.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
Odd thing is I saw a video where Meta Kirbycided a Wolf with his upthrow, which is supposedly identical to Kirby's.

It happened so fast though it might have been Wolf, does he have a throw like that?

EDIT: Ah nevermind, it was at Skyworld. They must have gone through the platform.

EDIT2: No, I just watched it again and Meta clearly jumps off of an unbroken platform and they both come rushing down off the stage. Someone test this or something.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Kirby's Uthrow seems to move backwards slightly when used. It doesn't seem possible to Kirbycide with it, but perhaps it's DI dependent(sort of like the Bowsercide) where your opponent can also influence which way you go. If not, then the best you can do is hit the side of the stage at a weird angle :\

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Can someone help me with Footstool jump Kirbycide? When they break free, they're usually at the same level as me or above me. They usually jump right after, so how do you guys land the footstool jump?

Also, you know stage spike? Yeah, what if you swallowed them and spat them out onto the stage? Wouldn't that be better than footstool jump and easier to do?

Top Bottom