• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirbycide Glitch on Frigate Orpheon?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
What, a Kirbycide?!
Yes!

What happened, how?
Since I am a camper Kirby, I stood on the original stage's far left side. The poor King Dedede came along and got caught in a grab. Little did he know...

I did a u-throw (I wanted an f-throw, but my SSBM Kirby reflexes happened to kick in...), and we were both surprised...while his King Dedede hit the bottom blast zone, my Kirby finished his throwing animation on the stage.

Better than a Kirbycide!

Needless to say, my friends and I were surprised...so I did it again, with the same wonderful results.

Really? Prove it!
...Unfortunately, I am unable to post video proof, since I do not have SSBB. I want to know if anyone else can replicate this glitch (it should be easy), and maybe it works with with other characters. I managed to perform the glitch twice in the same match. I did not get a chance to do this again later, though.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Well not only is that awesome, but I didn't even know you could Kirbycide with anything other than neutral-B.

storm92

Smash Ace
I'll record tonight.
Once I figure it out.
You say Dedede hit the bottom of the blast zone?

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had any luck. Maybe if the OP could explain the situation a little better.

Firstly, on the platform above of the main stage.

Secondly, is Kirby or DDD closer to the edge...
example:

X = Kirby
Y = DDD
- = Stage

-------
X Y
---------------------

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
I don't try it, but all stages with a roof like the Rainbow Cruise will allow to "kirbycide".

Anyway, if someone can post a video, i will like =]

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Kasai:
I was on the main stage, and the stage was in its original position (never worked on any other). It looked just like your diagram; I was grabbing towards the center.

Gonzo:
King Dedede was on the ground.
"Hold on, u were on the stage that had both edges or the one that had one edge?"
...Unfortunately, I almost never play on Frigate Orpheon, so I am not sure what you are talking about...

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Kasai:
I was on the main stage, and the stage was in its original position (never worked on any other). It looked just like your diagram; I was grabbing towards the center.

Odd, I couldn't get it to work at all. I did notice that when you return down, you hit kind of off the side of the stage but both characters would always just land normally with no changes.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Tomato just do a quick 2minute match and reproduce what you did then save the replay and send it to someone, possibly someone that can record and put in on youtube but mainly just so other people can see what you're talking about.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Tomato just do a quick 2minute match and reproduce what you did then save the replay and send it to someone, possibly someone that can record and put in on youtube but mainly just so other people can see what you're talking about.
...Except I do not have SSBB. The soonest I will be able to try and get video proof is maybe next week, when my friends come over.

Odd, I couldn't get it to work at all. I did notice that when you return down, you hit kind of off the side of the stage but both characters would always just land normally with no changes.
I notice that too. Despite the throw "safeguards," Kirby still seems to move slightly after an u-throw.

I am getting the idea that it is something like t!,mMy's "best b-throw Kirbycide" or something along those lines.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
I know on hyrule temple there is also a place where upthrow will kirbycide...shown in the diagram below...It involves hitting the uneven spike roof, or at least that's what I'm sticking to.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I guess this was just a really lucky accident. I will try to find proof this weekend myself, but it seems like it is unlikely to repeat again/. I thought it might be a good idea to investigate this glitch. Thank you everyone, and if I find proof, I will update this thread.

[/thread]

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
I have seen the opposite: Kirby does his upthrow, and then his opponent falls on the stage and Kirby suicides...

Top Bottom