• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I lost against a Kirby today. That just won't due. In nutshell, he was too fast. Ariels hit me on the approach, rolling and dash attacks kept me from landing anything big, and lucky hammers were the death of me. I'm thinkin more jab combos, but the approach was still a pain. Ideas?

Othersyde

Smash Rookie
The pink puffball shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

Simply vary your approach and use Ike's range to his advantage. The AAA is Ike's quickest move and probably best move - but don't get into the habit of just jamming the A button so fast that your swinging at air because the opponent successfully rolls behind your initial jab and gets a free hit/grab.

Also if you're facing a roller - try to read his or her pattern and punish him or her for it. UPsmash is awesome for this as well as simply facing where they intend to roll and having jab combo prepared, side tilt, or Fsmash ready for when they pop out of their roll.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Wow... I couldn't agree more... There's this Kirby player down here who posed as a problem to me...

Kirby is underestimated.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
Its true. It was my first time playing a real Brawl Kirby player, and Kirby's infinitely better than he was in Melee. I was really caught off guard.

Top Bottom