• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby vs mk (online)

snerd

Smash Cadet
my friend is a g&w mainer, he's quite good with him.
if i play him, it's very even.
but a few days ago, he picked up mk.
he kills me everytime. most of the time he doesn't even lose 2 stocks .,.
i feel like i can't do anything, and i think i play a decent kirby

any tips?

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
MK is a tough char, save your more strong attacks for a high percentage, above 80%, like Hammer, Rock, Fsmash etc. Hit your opponent with an strong attack, he will dies easily, but in theory is easy, try to do this in practice.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you could be losing so badly right now 'cause you aren't completely used to fighting MK yet. The more you play him, the better you'll get at him.

Secondly, he is hard, but not unbeatable. Use mindgames, and pound him when he screws up.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Bair is your friend in this fight as it will be the easiest move to hit meta with. Also be aware that meta will die VERY early from upsmash or fsmash. Another advantage kirby has is his Uair has more range than metas Dair, so get him above you with a throw or something and space your Uair so that he can't hit you but you can hit him.

Also if he dashes at you he will most likely try to dash attack you or grab you so you can start an inhale to counter both of these options and he will just fall into your mouth. Basically its a free 10% XD
Just don't leave yourself open when you use inhale as an attack, try to learn times he is vulnerable to it.

Really meta seemed hard to me at first but after playing about like a BILLION of them in tournaments, it isn't so bad anymore lol. I think you will get used to this matchup soon =P

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
sidestep alot and Bair for life! i found Dtilting (tripping) followed ny a Fsmash is very effective against MK's, especially at 70-100%. He's also vunerable to Dair, so spike at will (unless he's Up+B addicted, then don't do that) XD

Dr.Dronicus

Smash Rookie
So, I fought against my first decent MK yesterday, and his shuttle loop was -all over the field-. How can I avoid this monster? He combos into it, he uses it to deal with my spikes, he uses it to basically do everything. Some advice please? My kirby game isn't as good as some, but I like to think I'm decent enough.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
So, I fought against my first decent MK yesterday, and his shuttle loop was -all over the field-. How can I avoid this monster? He combos into it, he uses it to deal with my spikes, he uses it to basically do everything. Some advice please? My kirby game isn't as good as some, but I like to think I'm decent enough.
I created a topic of his annoying attack T.T

Search for "Metaknight UpB"

Top Bottom