• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby VS Fox

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I managed to beat my friends' Samus and Sheik, but now I have a new top-tier problem in the form of Fox. What am I supposed to do against his speed, his grabs and specially his Usmash? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! ^_^

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Dealing with his Shuffle game:
Get better at wavedashing. Kirby's wavedash is fairly small, but if you dash in a perfect wavedash it will carry you a little farther. Learn to chain these together and do your best to outspace his aerial approaches. Fox has a lot on Kirby.

Edgeguarding:
A good fox will almost always try to recover high in the air (when the situation permits), because Kirby's options don't even extend into that range. The moment you see his firefox evading you, you MUST react or you won't be able to catch him. Don't throw any attacks, just get on the move.

Keeping his damage higher than yours:
Up-angled Ftilt is a good one to use out of wavedashes. Uptilt will be able to juggle Fox until he DI's left or right. When he begins to DI, I like to upsmash and then upair. Use bairs to get him off the stage.

When you're recovering:
His shinespike owns you, period. Try to anticipate him coming with an upair, it's pretty much the only defense you have. Upair outranges the shine, iirc. The hit will either be good enough to ensure your survival or it could possibly even stagespike him. Sometimes I like to jump away from the stage when I see Fox coming and bair. It can be harder to connect and you must know how to set Fox up for it (which, I'm afraid to say, is your own complicated metagame business).

Overall:
He's fast and upsmash will kill you at extremely angering percents. Make sure to taunt if it's ever appropriate, perhaps more than once at a time. If you feel a Kirbycide, make it count. Fox isn't Kirby's most difficult opponent, as his range allows for a little breathing room; it is an uphill matchup so keep your head in that game and cheap kill that sucka!

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
Fox keeps the pressure on, so you must counter Fox's annoyingness with annoyingness. You keep Foxes dedicated to small-time attacks, and make sure Fox screws up anything that could KO a Kirby. I do like upwards ftilts a lot.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Also if u are recovering with the final cutter try to be lower than the stage and closer to the stage (final D). Because if he goes to shine spike u, then u can wall tech and final cutter back to the stage. I killed a fox with this once cuz i final cutterd and meteord him after the wall tech. (it probly wont happen often that u kill him with the cutter but it can happen) the main thing is to get back to the stage though.

Top Bottom