• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Up-Throw Kill Percentages *INCOMPLETE*

ToastPerson

Smash Rookie
NNID
DooksAndDags
With Kirby's Up-Throw buff, Kirby has a decent kill throw of given a stage with platforms and/or low ceilings and it being one of if not Kirby's only safe way to net a stock, with that in mind, its important to know when it kills ASAP, so I decided to make this thread to share to the Kirby Boards when Up-Throw begins to kill on all the cast and on most to all legal stages with rage taken into account. If you wish to help, as this will take some time and help would speed the process MUCH faster, I have a little guide to test kill percents for Kirby's Up-Throw and maybe other kill throws. NOTE: This requires 2 controllers and I'm not sure if this is possible with the 3DS version, but you can try
1. Go to smash and turn on handicap and the food item
2. Pick Kirby and the desired character you wish to test on as player two
3. Set stock to anything over 15, the set handicap to Kirby to desired rage level and opposing opponent from 100-160% depending on character's weight. According to a Smash modder, there are a total of 8 levels of Rage starting at: 34.6% (rounding up would be easier)
76.4%
113.4%
137.3%
152.8%
164%
173.3%
And 180%
From testing on one character, it seems 152.8, 164, and 173.3 all kill at the same time but, it was only on one character so it could be wrong.
4. Have the opponent eat food and deal damage to Kirby so that Kirby can be at desired rage level and so that the opponent can be close to the minimum kill percent, REMEMBER TO HAVE THE SECOND PLAYER TO DI (DI away)
5. IMPORTANT, that after every up throw, SD so that it can be fresh
6. If it kills, decrease the opponent's percent by one till the move won't kill i.e. up throw killed at 160 reduce percent by one using food and having Kirby deal damage (DO NOT FORGET ABOUT DOING STEP 5 IN THE PROCESS)
7. Record percents
8. Repeat for every rage level and stage
8.5 For multiple platforms record for each different platforn height on the stage (this is the tedious part)
With that out of the way here's what I have so far:
:4mario:
FD:
No rage - 155%
35% rage - 149%
77% rage - 131%
114% rage - 123%
138% rage - 118%
153% rage - 116%
164/174/180% - 115%

Last edited:

ToastPerson

Smash Rookie
NNID
DooksAndDags
Also, if you're going to help, it would be nice to know beforehand what character(s) you will test on

Top Bottom