• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby tips

comboking

Smash Master
I am helping a person who played melee almost 2 days straight so he is pretty new to brawl and he needs some tips and tricks and stuff like that so I have to teach him because he is my team member!

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
tell him to get aquainted w/ b-air, f-air, and d-air's timing and recovery time. In most situations those are gonna be your money makers.

comboking

Smash Master
got any more I will pass this on can you get me some links to good fights that he can watch

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Teach him Ike.

Or.. Tell him about Kirby's grab game. Unlike in Melee, Kirby had some pretty shizzy grab game. If you can compare the throws to Melee, the Brawl throws cannot be broken. His Down Throw is also not very vulnerable. I would recommend a F-throw to Hammer at zero to low damage. His Down Throw is also a good attack to use for linking up to Reaper Combos (U-Tilt~>U-Tilt etc). His Up throw is generally a mindgames attack. If you choose a stage like Battle Field, Delfino Plaza, or Yoshi Island (Brawl Version), when you use an up throw you could land on a higher platform. This could be a good KO attack for those lighter characters at 110-130% if you could "Height Bomb." Not only is his Up Throw a KOing attack for lighter characters, but it's a good damage racker/annoyer attack. If you can pull this attack off 10 times your opponent would already be at 90-100%. Otherwise if you use it constantly in your combo you have an easy grab attack and Throw damage to rack up good damage. Kirby's back throw? You can face away from the ledge and predict a grab where you could back throw someone off the ledge and end it with predicted Bairs.

Kirby's smash attacks have been heavily buffed as if they were from Melee. They aren't as laggy, in my opinion, and they have a lot of KOing potential. Kirby's forward smash is mainly sweet spoted stuff and can KO at damaged or 90-110%. It is probably Kirby's most reliable KOing attack other than his Hammer. Kirby's Down Smash could be a good smash attack out of a shield. Predict your opponent running or rolling behind you and let go of your shileds and down smash. His down smash is also a good edge guard attack. Time a down smash and you could launch your opponent almost horizontal or lower and away. His Down Smash also has a lot of potential to KO upwards. Kirby's upsmash would be considered a really good fast attack. It's along his least laggiest attack and can be done out of a shield or out of running, such as Hyphen Smashing.

Kirby's tilts for one have been killed. They're not as good as they were in Melee. His down tilt lost range, but now has the ability to trip. With the tripping ability you can run into a grab. His F-Tilt isn't as far ranged. It has a little less KOing potential as in Melee, but it can be of little use. His Up Tilt though has come from hard to pull off to constant. It hits in front of you, and it can be done a couple times on faster fallers like. It can also be linked to U-Air or B-air. Over all U-tilts improved from Melee otherwise his tilts are crap.

Kirby's Jab? Use them because T!mmy says so. Even better than Melee Jabs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ldhBWtXL4eU

His specials are pretty fun and effective. Infact more effective. His aerial hammer can be used as an edge guard or predicted KOing move. His Final Cutter can be used for spamming a projectile and can be used to recover because he still has jumps after using it. Stone Drop can be used if you're above someone and their predicting you to go above them to get hit by and aerial or up Smash. His swallow is just too good. Copy and ability but the best with Kirby-Ciding.

Kirby's Aerials... Just use them all. They're too good. B-air approach/KOing. Fair is a good spacing attack. Up Air can link up with Up Air. Dair is a pretty nice off stage edge guard.

Yeah if you can see I got lazy near the end of the post.

Synerate

Smash Cadet
I am helping a person who played melee almost 2 days straight so he is pretty new to brawl and he needs some tips and tricks and stuff like that so I have to teach him because he is my team member!
Play 2 v2 s together, cover eachothers weaknesses

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
In pub 2v2s, I find that final cutter and stone spamming (up B & down B) tend to be a good deal more effective at space control than in duals (the wind will hit both opponents).

They're easy to to get a feel for and harder to punish for new players, so I'd start him there.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
In pub 2v2s, I find that final cutter and stone spamming (up B & down B) tend to be a good deal more effective at space control than in duals (the wind will hit both opponents).

They're easy to to get a feel for and harder to punish for new players, so I'd start him there.
But Kirby-Cides are better.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
if you;re good with kirby then kirby ditto him, learning from your defeats is one of the best ways to learn. Online kirby dittos with some players here would also be great once he gets the basics.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
In 2 v 2s, Final Cutter is definitely a great crowd clearer, if they're tryin' to get all up in yo' grill, and other gangsta' speak things like that.

Not to mention everything that Cereal Rabbit said.

Yyyya... after his post, it's kinda pointless for anyone else to post up more advice... 'cos he kinda said... everything...

Top Bottom