• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Swallows Lucas, then what?

Doq

Smash Lord
Actually I think if Kirby eats Lucas = Ice
and Kirby eats Ivy = Leaf

Because Warchamp7 said (in the AMA) there were generic copy abilities.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Actually I think if Kirby eats Lucas = Ice
and Kirby eats Ivy = Leaf

Because Warchamp7 said (in the AMA) there were generic copy abilities.
Please screenshot that, because I read through most of that AMA once and just now expanded the comments while searching for "Kirby" and didn't see that mentioned anywhere. That's kind of a big deal.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I don't think taking Solar beam is that big of a deal. Kirby has no bulb moves to help charge the move as he attacks, so it would only be threw the slow charging processes. Plus Kirby would would have to not die or get it knocked out of him. Ivy keeps it when she dies.

I think Lucas' is still a question though..

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
He holds it to charge then when he finishes he lets out a burst of energy

That's my two cents

GeZ

Smash Lord
I've talked to one of the devs about this, as I had the same question. If they can give Kirby some sort of functional version of the characters neutral B's, they will. Barring that, they'll give Kirby one of the characters other moves, I.E. razor leaf/ Lucas' Ice missile.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I've talked to one of the devs about this, as I had the same question. If they can give Kirby some sort of functional version of the characters neutral B's, they will. Barring that, they'll give Kirby one of the characters other moves, I.E. razor leaf/ Lucas' Ice missile.
Would that imply he'd throw Woddle Dees rather than have the swallowception scenario where Kirby inhales D3 so he can inhale D3 with the power he got from D3 with a hat on from D3 which he got from swallowing D3? That always annoyed me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh man I hope that's how it turns out. Kirbucas for God tier. *hype*

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Would that imply he'd throw Woddle Dees rather than have the swallowception scenario where Kirby inhales D3 so he can inhale D3 with the power he got from D3 with a hat on from D3 which he got from swallowing D3? That always annoyed me.
Same thing with wario

Hao the Champion

Smash Rookie
I think it should get no adverse affect since absorbing Ivysaur and Lucas run their specials differently. Like trying to absorb another Kirby, no affect. People shouldn't really get too hung up on the copy ability since it's not that useful in competitive play. Looking forward to those sweet aerial buffs and Cutter Dash though.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I used Kirby's copy ability whenever I did friendlies with him in Melee. Whether or not is useful depends on what ability you are getting as well as how well it meshes with Kirby's moveset... And also how useful it is in the neutral vs the character that had it originally.

Like Falco's lasers are actually pretty cool on Kirby, as are Doc's pills. Samus' blast, DK's punch, etc.

The fact that Kirby is getting a more viable moveset all around will open up a little more for his copy abilities.

Also I'm sure he will get Solarbeam and Offense-Up. Solarbeam will probably be kinda meh. OU is hype.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Falco's lasers are ****ing awesome on kirby, considering he gets SHDLs that have stun

Probably any projectile on kirby will be good, considering he doesn't have a (decent) one of his own. Tink's arrows will most likely be able to be repeatedly double-jump'd->neutral b, for constant, safe spamming from the air. They worked that way in SDR, and since tink's arrows are faster now (I think?) kirby's probably will be too.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Link's arrows will probably be better since they're good gimping tools. Kirby already gimps. Now he can snipe too.

If they make Fire Emblem attacks bigger in comparison to Kirby (Hitbox being big enough to go over Kirby's head) those moves will probably be fairly good for him.

Other decent moves probably include Bowser Firebreath, DK Punch, Falco's and Wolf's lasers, Nayru's Love (decent OoS option), Needles, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Thunder Jolt, Water Gun maybe, Flamethrower, Plasma Cannon, Stun Gun, PK Flash, Light Arrows, Pikmin, Chef, Laser and grenades.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Link's arrows will probably be better since they're good gimping tools. Kirby already gimps. Now he can snipe too.

If they make Fire Emblem attacks bigger in comparison to Kirby (Hitbox being big enough to go over Kirby's head) those moves will probably be fairly good for him.

Other decent moves probably include Bowser Firebreath, DK Punch, Falco's and Wolf's lasers, Nayru's Love (decent OoS option), Needles, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Thunder Jolt, Water Gun maybe, Flamethrower, Plasma Cannon, Stun Gun, PK Flash, Light Arrows, Pikmin, Chef, Laser and grenades.
Yo, real talk.

What if Kirby could Aura Sphere Cancel?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Sort of. Lucario has his on-hit cancels, and he can cancel into Aura Sphere. By canceling into, and quickly out of, an Aura Sphere, he can act very quickly out of any attack.

Basically, what if Kirby could cancel into Aura Sphere, as well as out of it?

Vickyboi

Smash Cadet
I don't think it will work like that, It's probably just the projectile and not the OHC.
It would be pretty cool though, but that's what we have Turbo mode for!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
kirby with offence up:
up smash:
f smash:
d smash:

idk

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
kirby with one solar beam is kinda lame. you cant do anything after you use it. you have to taunt to get rid of the power and then swallow again.

Rizner

Smash Ace
kirby with one solar beam is kinda lame. you cant do anything after you use it. you have to taunt to get rid of the power and then swallow again.
But you don't have to charge it so you have it, and he can taunt cancel his power-losing taunt so it doesn't take too much to get rid of it

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Just to reinforce what Rizner said. If you consider the time it takes for Ivysaur to get beam and compare it to the time it takes for Kirby to get beam, then clearly you can see that it is in Kirby's favor, unless its not practical to inhale Ivysaur in the first place. Furthermore after using beam it should easily result in a kill giving you plenty of time to discard the now useless hat. You can always taunt cancel if necessary.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I've found that I can usually get off 3-5 solarbeams in the time it takes for someone to get one with Ivysaur. You'll never see me complain about that one :rolleyes:

Lucas's copy ability is... well... acceptable.

Has anyone else found that Turbo Mode with Kirby is glorious for comboing into Inhale+Copy?

Top Bottom