• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Stage Discussion

SSS

Smash Ace
Discuss how Kirby does on different stages here. After some discussion happens I'll take what y'all say and consolidate it all in this post, similar to what I'm doing in the matchup thread.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I think the best part about Kirby is that there really isn't a bad stage for him. The worst that I can think of is Yoshi's Story (Melee). The stages change with the matchup IMO. Kirby really thrives on a stage that the opponent doesn't do so well on. However, Larger stages with Lower ceilings and Wide Kill Zones tend to be better.

I really like my Kirby on FD, Dreamland and Smashville. They're nice neutral stages, and it's more about skill than anything. However, I'll counterpick Warioware a lot, because a lot of characters don't do so well on it, but if it's a character that does, I'll counterpick FOD.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Basically what Garde said. There isnt really a terrible stage for Kirby. Probably some of the worst would be Yoshis Story or Warioware, but then on those stages Kirby can kill earlier too. I tend to think of Kirby as a Puff, Sheik, Falcon combo. In Melee, what stages were bad for all of them at the same time? Those are the bad stages for Kirby lol :/

Some of the better stages im gonna say are FD, BF, PS2, SV, Skyworld, Green Hill, FoD, Yoshis Island, Lylat, and Dreamland.

Last edited:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Like I said in my first post. There really isn't a bad stage. It depends on the character. You don't bring Fox to Yoshi's Story, you don't bring Wolf/Lucas to Warioware, Zelda to Dreamland or Sheik to FOD. You have to know what your opponent is comfortable with-- kkirby can work on almost any stage.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
I like kirby on small stages since kirby can easily outperform much of the cast in an infight.

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
I like using Kirby on FD, Since he can CG and D-throw alot. Kirby's Fair and Bair are good for koing.

Top Bottom