• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Rock Ledge / platform mechanic

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
Hey all just noticed that if Kirby is pushed off a ledge or platform as rock (say someone bumps into him or stands next to him waiting for a punish) then the character will take damage and knockback.

Got smashed at delfino as Puff when I went over to grab Stone kirby and I got KOd on delfino as he fell off the grass ledge.

Didn't see this in a quick glance over the Kirby guide stickied, sorry if its known.

JS2D

Smash Cadet
I think this is already know. When he falls of the edge in stone form, he goes back to being a falling hitbox, as though you did the move in the air.

Thanks for mentioning this anyway.

SdN

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarcSdN
This is a thing that was used on purpose before the patch. You could run to an edge and use the stone just at the edge so you start it while still on the plattform (which is a lot faster than in the air) but you slide off with your run momentum and fall down with the hitbox. This was called "quickstone".
It was a really good mixup and kill option, but it got patched out in the recent patch beacause you no longer keep the run momentum.

Kooby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0031-6506
This is a thing that was used on purpose before the patch. You could run to an edge and use the stone just at the edge so you start it while still on the plattform (which is a lot faster than in the air) but you slide off with your run momentum and fall down with the hitbox. This was called "quickstone".
It was a really good mixup and kill option, but it got patched out in the recent patch beacause you no longer keep the run momentum.
I don't remember that beign patched, was it in the last patch?

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
yeah i can't use my charge shot vs reflectors anymore at ledge and be safe from falling off momentum anymore :(

Funferno

Smash Rookie
NNID
Funferno
Yeah it seems to have been patched in last weekend's patch, sadly. Didn't manage to pull it off anymore.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby's stone doesn't even slide off slanted ledges AT ALL anymore. Even though it's been doing it for every Smash game. ._.
At least, not on Delfino's slopes. I assume it's universal.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
I think the last patch removed the ability to slide off of edges entirely, which I believe was primarily a Yoshi nerf. Not sure who benefited the most from it other than him

SdN

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarcSdN
It didn't get removed entirely, some characters can still do it like Palutena, Pikachu und probably some others. But for some reason some characters can't do it anymore like Yoshi and Kirby.
It would be interesting to know why this is.

Top Bottom