• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby no cancel nair

Xerox

Smash Rookie
Are there any examples of the second hitbox of kirby's non z-cancelled nair being used in tournament play? I have seen no cancel dairs used to combo into an edgeguard, but I presume no cancel nairs would be extremely situational and rarely ideal

Xerox

Smash Rookie
Wondering if ledge-cancelling the (no z cancel) nair still results in the landing hitbox. I'll TAS it this weekend and try to make a short combo video.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Becuase you are simply touching the ground. Same as if you land. 'Ledge-cancelling', like almost every 'term' involving the -cancelling suffix, is misrepresented by that name.

I don`t have a term for that actually, but it`s best to just think of 'ledge-cancelling' as less of a move or input or (Kirby forbid) 'tech' and more of an environmental interaction.
I hate 'cancelling' for semantic reasons, 'ending' is much more accurate and has an actual target.

Are there any examples of the second hitbox of kirby's non z-cancelled nair being used in tournament play? I have seen no cancel dairs used to combo into an edgeguard, but I presume no cancel nairs would be extremely situational and rarely ideal
Lol. Try every match I ever play.
I think my problem is people thinking that "ideal" or "viable" make sense in this game.
Claim: Move choice is almost irrelevant. Only the weakest of players must use specific moves in order to achieve victory.
Evidence: Top 8 level guys could beat you with one move, possibly even arbitrary or selected by the opponent.
Proof: Any vids of @SuPeRbOoM being bored? Or LD beat someone in tournament using only shines, I think @Umbra might have that vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom