• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Moonwalk

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
I have recently learned how to moonwalk with Kirby. That got me wondering, would there be any practicality in which this would be used? Do any of you use it? In my opinion it seems way too slow and short. Let me know what you guys think!

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
I had some videos prepared but since I am new to the smashboards I was not allowed to yet. Will post them soon though... Once I make ten total posts.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
What you can do is upload it to youtube and send us a link on here of that.

And just to let you know, just about everyone can moonwalk. It can really be used for mindgames or simply just as a fun thing to do. It has been used in matches before, but you really need to know when to use it. It's more of an intermediate/higher level skill to use properly.

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
I did do that but it won't let me post links until I have ten posts.

Jayeldeee that I understand it's just I was contemplating how significant Kirby's is.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I made a video about Kirby's moonwalk a while ago. Its mainly just used for style, no real use for it since it doesnt go that fast.
We can use it to grab the ledge but we already have better options like RAR Wavedash. During the moonwalk we can still shoot forward with DA, but i still dont know if that makes it useful. What i didnt show in the video is that if you do a land cancelled DA off a platform it gives you a lot of momentum where you could just moonwalk right out of. Otherwise you have to do it the ways i did in that video.

Last edited:

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I figured as much :p ahhh well... It makes for a good taunt!

Top Bottom