• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby is excellent for edge-guarding.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I've been playing Kirby non-stop for a few days, basically learning everything except hup cancelling (still learning), and I've noticed something.

While not having air speed, Kirby can keep people away. These are just the things I have discovered, most of these are probably known.

Nair:
- If your opponent has too good of a recovery and too low of health to kill with spike when below you, wait on the edge for them. Right before they grab the ledge, nair. This will knock them back away, leaving you open to more options.

-Too risky for a fair or bair when they are shot horizontally? Nair to give yourself the right timing and damage to fair/bair (depends percentage).

Bair:
- Great for zoning, if you aren't too predictable with it, great tool to kill early off the stage. At low percentage it could be combined with a spike.

- if you miss your attack and now you are both off stage and vulnerable, pull out a bair before they can say "GG".

Fair:
- Right when they think they're coming back on stage, NOPE! Pull out a fair to keep them off. Not a risky move, can be used for early kills.

Uair:
- Not the best option. Hard to set up for off stage kills, only do it if you positioned yourself incorrectly/their damage is so high that it will kill.

Dair:
- My favourite one. Get them below and spike. Does damage, pulls you down with them, and kills characters with bad recoveries at 60-80%.

- If you are facing someone with a good recovery/low percent, spike and then short hop/another dair will seal the deal.

Specials:
- Down-B is okay as long as you get the hit and get out of your rock fast enough. Not recommended.

- Side-B is a hard hitting hammer that is hard to hit in the air. Powerful if you hit it, especially good after reading air dodges.

- Up-B is good for pressure when they are trying to recover. Not recommended over the other moves.

Thanks for reading, if I got anything wrong please tell me.

Last edited:

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
this is a great guide but you forgot about the inhale for edge guarding. it is actually really good for edge guarding if you launch them off screen but not ko'd because you use like 2 jumps towards them and inhale them and immediately spit them out. the longer someone is in your mouth the shorter the starshot shoots though so you have to spit the really fast and if you hold inhale to longer it might be dangerous to recover.

P.S. i may be spamming this on many threads because i really want to start to see people use this so sorry
P.P.S. Merry Christmas :)
P.P.P.S. if you don't celebrate Christmas then have a good day :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom