• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby: General Discussion

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't find a thread about my all-time favorite video game series!

:kirby:
So.. Kirby Super Star/Ultra is my favorite video game of all time! Everything exactly what I would want- The graphics, the characters, most definitely the music-

I love it. <3 <3

Links
Kirby's Rainbow Resort (Old Kirby website that hasn't been updated for a long time but has lots of good information and fan works.)
Kirby Wikia

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I have three childhood memories with Kirby -- Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby Air Ride and Kirby: Right Back At Ya.

Nightmare in Dreamland is pitifully easy, I remember beating the game the day I got it. I still replayed the crap out of it.

Kirby Air Ride was a pretty big part of my childhood. I remember playing City Trial specifically damn near non-stop of a few of my friends when I was a kid. I'm really glad this game cultivated a following a decade later. I was always afraid it would be lost in the shadow of Mario Kart.

As for Right Back At Ya, I used to watch that show all the time due to my fondness for Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby Air Ride. Although I doubt I ever would have discovered it had it not been on the same block as One Piece, Shaman King, Sonic X and the 2003 TMNT.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
@ Ultresmasher5 Ultresmasher5 I'll be moving this to the Nintenzone part of Smashboards since it'll fit better there. I'll be doing this for any new general threads that relate to Nintendo so things won't be too fragmented.

I have a lot of fond memories for Kirby games. My favorites are Adventure and Superstar. Kirby games were pretty fun to me since, as a kid, messing around with different abilities was always cool. It allowed for some neat creative stuff and letting you play in whatever way you preferred. I'm looking forward to Rainbow Curse too since I loved Canvas Curse.

finalark

SNORLAX
Wait, did RR actually go down? Man, that's a bummer. That was one of the first websites I visited as a kid.
Same thing happened to a lot of other Final Fantasy and Zelda fansites I used to regular when I was a kid. They either don't exist anymore or haven't been updated in years. I kinda feel like the wiki phenomenon killed traditional fansites. Or hurt them, at least.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Last time I actually sat down and played through a Kirby game was when Squeak Squad came out. Man, it's been waaaay too long.

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
I might get Rainbow Curse. I haven't played Canvas Curse, and it's one of the few kirby games I haven't played, but Rainbow Curse looks fun, but I wish Nintendo would make a standard platformer for Wii U instead of this weird (but lovable) claymation stylus game.

finalark

SNORLAX
I might get Rainbow Curse. I haven't played Canvas Curse, and it's one of the few kirby games I haven't played, but Rainbow Curse looks fun, but I wish Nintendo would make a standard platformer for Wii U instead of this weird (but lovable) claymation stylus game.

Canvas Curse is neat. It does a lot of things differently (obviously) but it does manage to keep the Kirby feel. The game did come out in 2005 so there isn't much hiding the fact that it's basically a DS tech demo that exists to show off the then-new touch screen controls. The game is surprisingly pricey these days, commanding prices of $30 on Amazon and $20 at GameStop. I wouldn't recommend it for that much, but if you can find it for cheap its worth a look at.

I am a bit wary about Rainbow Curse, entirely because it's a squeal to a game that was made to show up the DS' gimmicks. I'll probably camp on it until it's price drops enough for me to consider picking it up.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
My third favorite series behind Mario and Donkey Kong. I've been involved with various different Kirby fan sites over the years, but none of them are around anymore. Odd, considering that the franchise is doing better than ever. Everything on the internet is so homogenized now, so sites dedicated to specific games are becoming increasingly rare. Unless, of course, they have competitive communities like this one. Smashboards wouldn't be around if Super Smash Bros. didn't have multiplayer. :rolleyes:

Kirby's Dream Land is one of the first video games I ever played, and I've been hooked on the franchise since. It was a devious little game; I still haven't been able to beat Extra Mode without using save states, and I consider myself to be a fairly seasoned gamer. Kirby's Adventure was released a few years later, and it's still one of my favorite games of all-time. It's Kirby at his best.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Funny thing about how I got into this series was when I was playing the first SSB game for the N64. I'm glad because along with Pokemon & Zelda, it's my all-time favorite series and I highly doubt I'll ever get tired of it. My favorite games so far are Super Star/Ultra, Return to Dream Land, Kirby 64, & Air Ride. For the latter, I find it pretty funny that I got into it more than I did Mario Kart: Double Dash at the time (they came out the same year).

Concerning Rainbow Curse, from what I've played of it after I picked my copy up yesterday, it's a pretty fun game. The touch controls aren't perfect, but not bad. I'd probably wait for a price drop, though.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
LOVE Kirby. Picked up the Kirby and the Rainbow Curse on WiiU and it's awesome. It's hard for me to pick a favorite game though, as I love Kirby 64, Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii), and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Also a big fan of the original Kirby's Dream Land, which I was playing the other day on my Gameboy.

Top Bottom