• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Amiibo : Copy

Rochette

Smash Cadet
Hi,

We'll discover our little Amiibo in Europe only in five days. I really love Kirby and was a bit sad with Brawl. Mastering ice climbers was much more useful for me in championship than Kirby... (thanks to 0-to-death grab combos and Up B priority).
But I love Kirby so I always learn how to play him.

Concerning the Amiibo of Kirby, teaching him how reacting with different copy abilities seems a real challenge. I'm not talking about how use the attack but about when using it, spacing etc. Just for that challenge I bought an Amiibo Kirby.

First thing i will do : Teach to him how using his jumps for bait, but for some basics it seems a bit hard

Exemple : I if want teach him how punish a roll, he have to use rolls ! And I don't want he uses rolls. It's a first generation of Amiibo, I know, but the fact that you can't oblige him to forget a move complicated the learning.

Oh, I feel that those amiibos are becoming more and more fascinating

:kirby:

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
One thing that I noticed with my friend's Amiibo is that they really like avoiding attacks. They can get incredibly slippery and hard to catch if you're not playing on a character you're comfortable with. I'm sure this will translate to the Kirby Amiibo well. I have no doubt that he will use his jumps to bait out attacks. Though I am kind of interested with how it will deal with using Copy. Does anyone have the Kirby Amiibo?

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
One thing that I noticed with my friend's Amiibo is that they really like avoiding attacks. They can get incredibly slippery and hard to catch if you're not playing on a character you're comfortable with. I'm sure this will translate to the Kirby Amiibo well. I have no doubt that he will use his jumps to bait out attacks. Though I am kind of interested with how it will deal with using Copy. Does anyone have the Kirby Amiibo?
I got him day 1. Im going to use him tonight against my kirby. If you guys have any questions let me know. Will post my findings here.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
The first question I want to ask :

Your Kirby Amiibo use Copy against an opponent and seems enough clever to understand how use the new ability ?

Then :

Have you teach him how to string aerials ? Juggling ? Dair tip ? footstool ? Teching ? Crouch, etc

In brief what are the limits and how their learning seems to work.

:kirbymelee:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
The first question I want to ask :

Your Kirby Amiibo use Copy against an opponent and seems enough clever to understand how use the new ability ?

Then :

Have you teach him how to string aerials ? Juggling ? Dair tip ? footstool ? Teching ? Crouch, etc

In brief what are the limits and how their learning seems to work.

:kirbymelee:
Haven't tested the first part since I want to train him to understand the basics first, but even though he is level 23 he has definitely learned some up air juggling from me, but not a lot. He hasn't quite got a grasp on the up tilt combos yet so I will spam that next match. I've footstooled him quite a bit but he still hasn't gotten the basic grasp of edge guarding so thats probably why. I've dair tipped him for majority of my kills and he hasn't quite grasped that either. Will post once he gets it. Saving most of my replays.

Its really addicting seeing him learn though :). If you guys are getting the game I DEFINITELY recommend using kirby against him so he learns exactly how kirby should be used imo. Up to you though.

Last edited:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
ok so he is starting to become a threat lol. I have to take this fight sorta seriously now since he beat me once I let me guard down. So far I don't think the amiibos learn how to deal COPY a certain play style, but rather than learn how to go AGAINST one. He hasn't been doing proper edge guarding and he is level 44 and he still hasn't picked up on the combos I'm doing.

I'm gonna teach him how to deal with projectile spammers so I will let you know how he deals with the copy ability.

EDIT:

So the answer is yes for knowing how to use the copy ability just going off this one instance (will do more testing). I'm playing as link and once he copied me. I'm trying to teach him how to deal with projectile spammers. Every time I shot my arrows he would jump to dodge my shots and shoot me back! After he lost the ability he would just duck under my arrows! This is crazy.

Last edited:

Rochette

Smash Cadet
That's sounds great ! Thank you =) !

Maybe the best solution for Kirby amiibo is to learn how and when doing inhale.

Then using the abilities of the others characters against him. I'm curious about some like Pocket or Monado.

But, in fact, he could only learn well if his teacher is a Kirby...

An idea (maybe dumb) : Match 1vs1vs1, 1 stock. Kirby teacher inhale the third protagonist and kill him (no cpu, no humain just sending him away with class) and then show how use the ability to his padawan.

In some case the third have to be an humain for some reason (pocketing).

I know that's a bit crazy... But I really thinks that Kirby Amiibo, because of Copy, he's one of the most interesting Amiibo and the most complicated to manage. After all, he has more than 45 attacks to deal with just with copy !

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
I was thinking about that earlier (doing the 1v1v1). I will test that tomorrow. He is definitely picking up my play style at 50. He is constantly trying to spike him with down air, lots of forward air pokes, and back air punishes. It is kinda inconsistent though against other cpus. He does well against me, but when he fights a level 9 cpu mario he he is neck and neck.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
I notice that on some videos. But we can't forget an important thing : After lv50, they don't stop learning.

The question is how ? They forget a strategy for an other one or they add it and use under conditions ?

I want the code of these Amiibo :216:

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
The amiibos will copy short combos. I did a Bthrow to bair combo on my Kirby a few times, and he leveled up and did the same thing, albeit only once.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
The main problem for Kirby amiibo with copy, it is how avoiding stupid use of abilities.

In an other thread, a player said that his Samus trained by a Rosalina acting like if also have a Luma...

We have a huge variety of strategy with copy... Poor little pink ball, it's gonna be hard.

Top Bottom