• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby 1.0.6 Patch Notes

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
People have also been saying the startup lag on inhale got decreased. Maybe in 1/4 speed the difference is noticeable but i can't test it right now so could someone else see if it does?
I did a zoom at 1/4 speed, but they both seemed to come out at the same time. If there was a difference, I didn't see it.

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
Ah, okay. Yeah, there's a significant difference at 1/4 speed, so there is less endlag. It's a bit harder to notice at normal speeds though.
can you also test up throw cause i feel like it doesn't ko as early now but ya know i may just be paranoid

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
can you also test up throw cause i feel like it doesn't ko as early now but ya know i may just be paranoid
I checked most of Kirby's KO options (even some obscure ones like jab 3 and fair), but the only adjustments I found were in Usmash and Dsmash. Uthrow still KOs at 191%... sigh.

Last edited:

pnoid

Smash Cadet
I checked most of Kirby's KO options (even some obscure ones like jab 3 and fair), but the only adjustments I found were in Usmash and Dsmash. Uthrow still KOs at 191%... sigh.
Can you test the air speed at 1/4th? see if Kirby reaches the top of his first jump faster. Also see if he does jump higher with the hammer charged. If that doesn't look improved I'd like to see start up time on his other aerials, or test his horizontal distance on first jump.

It seems like at least 4 of us have commented something about his air game feeling nicer some way. I gotta know what it is or if we're all insane

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
I didn't see anything particularly different with the first jump or any other jump for that matter and the height when using the hammer seemed to be the same also. I used the Pac-man stage on the 3DS for a reference at 1/4 speed, if someone else wants to double check.

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
I think we can all agree (if you have mewtwo) that the biggest nerf kirby has gotten is the fact we have to move our cursor all the way to the other side of the screen to select kirby :( :p

Last edited:

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
I think we can all agree (if you have mewtwo) that the biggest nerf kirby has gotten is the fact we have to move our cursor all the way to the other side of the screen to select kirby :( :p
Aww, that's a really big nerf. It was so convenient to have him where he was before! :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1. Is that Hammer endlag change really true? I haven't tested it side by side, but it doesn't look any different to me?
2. Kirby still has a couple frames less endlag on needles than Sheik does. He still has the needles from the original 3DS release, I believe.
3. I never really use Sidetaunt, but I don't remember left-facing sidetaunt leaving Kirby facing this way... but yeah that was probably already in :p

Last edited:

pnoid

Smash Cadet
I was reading some CF thread where they were talking about CF having a faster knee.

They came to the conclusion what was tripping them up was actually a For Glory/Online code improvement, where there is now less input lag (which partially explains my sudden improvement in For Glory).

This helps makes things like aerials easier to space and use reactively. Which may explain why we feel more control in the air.

I think the lesser input lag helps Kirby disproportionately to the rest of the cast, since he has such small ranges on all his moves.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Really? I swear when I first played FG after the patch it did feel really weird, as if it was faster then expected.
Wow that's actually nice, but when will Sakurai implement the online tournaments? I hope he doesn't drop the idea, it would be nice to show your skills to many people at once online at least :)

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I should stress to anyone comparing KO power using Wii U vs 3DS; 3DS stages have consistently larger blastzones, even including Battlefield and Final Destination. If something is killing earlier on Wii U compared to 3DS it doesn't mean it's stronger.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I should stress to anyone comparing KO power using Wii U vs 3DS; 3DS stages have consistently larger blastzones, even including Battlefield and Final Destination. If something is killing earlier on Wii U compared to 3DS it doesn't mean it's stronger.
Yeah we realized that on the previous page. :p Up Smash and Down Smash are KO-ing earlier based on the comparison between two 3DS.

The other rumoured KO buffs were (unfortunately) due to previous comparisons between the 3DS and Wii U.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah we realized that on the previous page. :p Up Smash and Down Smash are KO-ing earlier based on the comparison between two 3DS.

The other rumoured KO buffs were (unfortunately) due to previous comparisons between the 3DS and Wii U.
That's great! I'd take any knockback buffs I can get for Kirby, especially down-smash.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm so glad Kirby got his Down Throw buffed. 6% for that was stupid, and increasing it to 10% was a pretty good move. Like Mega Man, I'm glad Kirby got some buffs, and wasn't nerfed in any way. :)

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
1. Is that Hammer endlag change really true? I haven't tested it side by side, but it doesn't look any different to me?
I did it side by side when testing and it's true. But! Even in 1/4 speed, it's not a huge difference. If anything, it's probably 1 or 2 frames at most.

I was reading some CF thread where they were talking about CF having a faster knee.

They came to the conclusion what was tripping them up was actually a For Glory/Online code improvement, where there is now less input lag (which partially explains my sudden improvement in For Glory).

This helps makes things like aerials easier to space and use reactively. Which may explain why we feel more control in the air.

I think the lesser input lag helps Kirby disproportionately to the rest of the cast, since he has such small ranges on all his moves.
Oh, no wonder. I was playing with friends and it felt so much tighter overall (as Kirby at least). It seemed like they speed up something, but there wasn't any indication of that, so I just left it to general engine changes. This is good to know, hopefully that's really the case.

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wow, the mod is such a hater. XD

Keep speculating whenever you want people, I like reading about one of my favorite character's properties! Also gives me a good heads up on what to expect whe I grab Kirby again.

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
Wow, the mod is such a hater. XD

Keep speculating whenever you want people, I like reading about one of my favorite character's properties! Also gives me a good heads up on what to expect whe I grab Kirby again.
Yeah but we love him anyway :p (and im not saying that cause he scares me at all :yeahboi:)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@Reserved

What? Discussing Kirby on the Kirby forums? Even if we're wrong, compiled anecdotal evidence can lead us toward some items to test. This board needs more activity not less!

This is a very strong statement, how do you know aerials arent a single frame faster (in particular u-air, seems at least two of us now see someting there) ? what is your testing procedure?

Well now who's speculating :)
I'd agree with aerial speed changes, particularly on the first jump.
(Edit: i think this is the sort of discussion we should be having, if not here then somewhere else more informal like an IRC channel...)

How are you asserting this? if there were a 1 frame change to any move how did you discredit that? If you have an opinion that's cool, but it looks like you're stating facts here.
This has nothing to do with discussion. Having a thread filled with false information will only hurt the boards, not help it. My testing procedure is side-by-side comparisons along with frame by frame video analysis to check the speed on moves. Hammer Bash jumps being boosted isn't really speculation considering I was the initial. tester on the whole thing. I've already tested out the heights and have confirmed that it goes higher than 1.0.2 (Wii U).

I'm not against discussion, but I'm against it when people spout out random changes without doing any testing to confirm it.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
This has nothing to do with discussion. Having a thread filled with false information will only hurt the boards, not help it. My testing procedure is side-by-side comparisons along with frame by frame video analysis to check the speed on moves. Hammer Bash jumps being boosted isn't really speculation considering I was the initial. tester on the whole thing. I've already tested out the heights and have confirmed that it goes higher than 1.0.2 (Wii U).

I'm not against discussion, but I'm against it when people spout out random changes without doing any testing to confirm it.
Sounds Fair I respect that......

Last edited:

JS2D

Smash Cadet
By the way, I've been having trouble quick-rocking on the left edge of the Great Cave Offensive in omega mode. Can someone check it out, because I'm 99.99% sure I'm just being a fool and doing something wrong :/

Nilloce

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nilloce
3DS FC
3668-8417-8470
By the way, I've been having trouble quick-rocking on the left edge of the Great Cave Offensive in omega mode. Can someone check it out, because I'm 99.99% sure I'm just being a fool and doing something wrong :/
It works on every platform/stage. If you use down B and don't fall off the ledge, then you did it too soon. If your transformation takes a long time, then you went off the ledge and pressed it too late. You have to press down B right before you get to the ledge so that your horizontal momentum will carry you off the ledge into a Turbo Stone.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You can't. Omega GCO has the slide-negating grass effect on the left side, so quick rock doesn't work on it.

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
I think I found either a change to his vanilla down b or something new but i was fighting a samus and he stood under the lower bf platform. then i down b 'd on top of the platform and it still hit him and he didnt jump or anythin then i tested it in training mode and found if you find a precise sweetspot it will go through the platform and hit them :p it seemed to work on anyone taller than peach and peach herself :p Im not 100% if this is new but if its not i have never seen anyone talk about it :p

edit: i didnt notice how man :p i used till i posted it XD

Top Bottom