• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kingdom of loathing

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This belongs in the Light House. Oh, and not everyone knows every game so you may want to flesh out your posts more and actually describe the game.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Kingdom of Loathing is a turn/text-based online RPG with MMORPG elements, that doesn't take itself too seriously. Every single item, enemy description and attack is filled to the brim with references and bad puns, and getting everything in the game could quite easily take over a year, as it has an interesting 'New Game +' system.

It does get dull after awhile, but, it has an awesome community in the built-in chat window, and it has it's own online radio-station, which is up 24-hours a day and actually plays some pretty decent music. Expect a lot of They Might Be Giants, though, since the creator seems to have an unhealthy obsession with them. >.>

I played for about 3 months, it's worth checking out.

Matt

Banned via Administration
A friend of mine came over and was so excited to show me this game.

I don't talk to him anymore.

What was the name of that text-based "MMORPG" that automatically did everything for you and all you had to do was start it up and name your character? That was the best ever. You could brag to your friends about all the uber leet gear you scored without wasting a single minute grinding.

meta knighta

Smash Cadet
me and my friends played it for a while and its fun sorta of

you have to get the game to play and check my account out

(tenacious_z )

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Kingdom of Loathing can be fun. I've played it a few times, and there's some humor and sillyness to it. It's good for someone who's bored and has the time to play.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Kingdom of Loathing! I thought I was the only one who might know of this. I love it (more the community than the game). But the game's great to. Not updated often enough, but still great. Now only if I had money for Mr. A's ....or Meat. Happy Late Crimbo.

User Name: Ore_Al (and no, not like that, it was supposed to be serious, but now it's an inside joke-ish kinda thing -_-)

Skler

Smash Master
I play it, my user name is Skler. I've got just above 4 million meat (which is money there for those who don't play).

Quite a fun game, and once you beat it, you get to beat it AGAIN! Of course, it changes the second time and can get much harder (if you want it to). It has some great jokes, and some terrible ones.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I had 4 mil, but then I went back into /c games (chat room channel). Great place, but I give away meat to much. So lonely....so....lonely. But yes, games is like my home in kol.

And the jokes are so numerous that you'll find SOME that you'll get. Most are references to things and movies and books in the real world. The jokes are hit and miss, but the game is presented very well.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I don't really see any apeal in this game. I played it for like 5 minutes and came to the conclusion that its pretty gay and boring. I mean you should at least be able to move your character around and control them better than just clicking on everything

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
No, in text based games, you don't need to. For a free internet text-game, this is amazing. If you don't like to read, you don't have to play.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
lol sorry for saying gay and boring for those of you who find the game fun. IMO i just don't find it fun

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I know it may seem boring, but it's more of a hit and miss kinda game. You love it or hate it. To be or not to be. ........that's all I got. It is pretty boring at first though before you actually get into the intricities of it. It seems bland at first. I held on just enough to get hooked.

Top Bottom