• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's Final Smash

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Do you think that they will change it, or keep the infamous dancing final smash from Brawl?

I'm personally hoping for Masked Dedede to be his final smash.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Masked Dedede is a must. If it's not there, i'll be mad. Especially after
it appeared in Triple Deluxe.

CutieHog

Smash Rookie
I felt like Dedede's final smash wasn't all that good in brawl, but it was quite funny to watch when you were the one using him. That's my opinion though. I hope they do change his Final Smash to Masked Dedede, it would be an interesting take.

Demiurgic

Smash Rookie
NNID
Narkolept
I'd like to see the dedede robot from the cancelled kirby game, mass attack, and return to dreamland as his FS.

CutieHog

Smash Rookie
Same, but that would be such an amazing Final Smash! Haha.

I might of tried him first to just use it if it was his Final Smash. I doubt it will be though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With the Waddle Dee gone, King Dedede's final smash from Brawl seems all the more likely to return...IMO...

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
With the Waddle Dee gone, King Dedede's final smash from Brawl seems all the more likely to return...IMO...
How is that?

If anything, it indicates that it'll be replaced by something else. Note that Kirby's Final Smash was replaced by the Ultra Sword, a more, shall we say, recent item in the series.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How is that?

If anything, it indicates that it'll be replaced by something else. Note that Kirby's Final Smash was replaced by the Ultra Sword, a more, shall we say, recent item in the series.
Well, the Waddle Dees are iconic with King Dedede.. I mean, they're his servants. I don't know, but in my mind's eye I can see Sakurai pulling something like that. Kirby's his child.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Well, the Waddle Dees are iconic with King Dedede.. I mean, they're his servants. I don't know, but in my mind's eye I can see Sakurai pulling something like that. Kirby's his child.
If Sakurai were to do that, instead of Masked Dedede (an actual power-up from the Kirby games), it would be quite disappointing.

This is my perspective on Final Smashes:

• Does damage
  • Quick and straightfoward
  • Actually has some inspiration from the games
  • Makes the character invincible for a short period of time
Now, the "Big Gay Dance" might come back, however, it was one of the worst final smashes in the game (at least from my perspective). So, why not include Masked Dedede, just like how Wario's final smash was Wario-Man?

Unrelated Note: I am hoping that a gigantic "nuclear" Wario-Waft is his new final smash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If Sakurai were to do that, instead of Masked Dedede (an actual power-up from the Kirby games), it would be quite disappointing.

This is my perspective on Final Smashes:

• Does damage
  • Quick and straightfoward
  • Actually has some inspiration from the games
  • Makes the character invincible for a short period of time
Now, the "Big Gay Dance" might come back, however, it was one of the worst final smashes in the game (at least from my perspective). So, why not include Masked Dedede, just like how Wario's final smash was Wario-Man?

Unrelated Note: I am hoping that a gigantic "nuclear" Wario-Waft is his new final smash.
Masked Dedede would be really cool.... I'd love to see that.

Also: Atomic Wario-Waft = OP. :troll:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

OH! My inspiration for the nuclear Wario Waft came from the first trailer for SSBB at e3 2006 when the move was first revealed.
I know, I know.

It made... an impression... *shutter*

Masked Dedede makes the most sense, but the one I've always wanted was this:

Weirdly hard to find pictures of it

People argue that something bad happening to him doesn't make sense for a Final Smash, but I can live with something bad happening to him in exchange for him having a giant mouth in his belly and shooting dark blots. Also, a cameo of Dark Matter would be great. Imagine Dedede breaking the Smash ball, falling asleep, then hordes of black blobs enter him. Then a massive eye forms on his stomach and he floats around.

His closed eyes are the same as they are when he's possessed. I don't think they were like that in Brawl.

[collapse=eyeballs]

[/collapse]
Gives me a tiny bit of hope

Last edited:
By obscure, I mean "not well known".

But hey, I'm not a particularly big Kirby fan, so perhaps Dark Dedede is actually well known.
Yeah it's pretty well known to Kirby fans,:p it has happens in every game with Dark Matter in it. It plays into Dedede not actually being a villain, just more of an asshole. Any time Dedede is doing something truly evil there is either a deeper reason (stopeing nightmare in Kirby Adventure) or because he's possessed by someone (the Dreamland series)

[collapse=Kirby Dreamland 2]

He just acts like he's sleep walking. The belly eye/mouth didn't show up[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby Dreamland 3]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby 64]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Yeah it's pretty well known to Kirby fans,:p it has happens in every game with Dark Matter in it. It plays into Dedede not actually being a villain, just more of an *******. Any time Dedede is doing something truly evil there is either a deeper reason (stopeing nightmare in Kirby Adventure) or because he's possessed by someone (the Dreamland series)

[collapse=Kirby Dreamland 2]

He just acts like he's sleep walking. The belly eye/mouth didn't show up[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby Dreamland 3]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby 64]
[/collapse]
Hmm, I wonder what would he do, in that case?

D

Deleted member

I'm getting a little suspicious on his absence in the tournament. I say that they could either be reworking him or he has a brand new Final Smash. I suspect that this could happen as he is often secretive and he likes to surprise the fanbase...
I say that Masked Dedede has a good possibility of happening.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that DDDs FS should be him being controleld by something else, but it is cool though.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'd be fine with Dedede being possessed by Dark Matter if there was actually something foreshadowing it. It'd just seem too random, really.

If anything, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Triple Deluxe have shown that Dedede is much more recently prone to being possessed Marionette style than Dark Matter style, really.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Waddle Dee Dance witch only summonce 4 of his Dee witch are caryring his masked hammer and his mask.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't care if it is Waddle Dee Army or Masked Dedede, but please Bandana Dee, don't be a part of Great King's Final Smash!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Apprently IGN ''Claims'' That Dedede's Final smash is the big fat dance again but with just Gordo's.....
:laugh:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Apprently IGN ''Claims'' That Dedede's Final smash is the big fat dance again but with just Gordo's.....
That'd be horribly lazy, but a great way to boost the chances of a certain Waddle Dee with a bandana.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
If he gets Masked DDD, upon FS activation he needs to say "Time to clobber dat there Kirbbeh!"

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
We don't have Dedede's Final yet but here's a video of every one else's Final that we know of so far

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I...I kind of like his current final smash... It can rack up serious damage if you manage to trap your opponents well. Sure it's kind of random, but it represents King Dededee perfectly, so I say keep it.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
BUT..BUT... King Dedede was confirmed as a returning veteran in the day when Kirby Triple Deludxe was released in Japan and masked Kind Dedede was there with its epic theme!

Calcobrena

Smash Cadet
If Masked Dedede were to get in, how would it play out? Like a power-up (Giga Mac), or more along the lines of Kirby's new FS? There's plenty to pull from for a beefed-up Dedede, I think it would be a waste to stick with the dance.

*cough*firstpost*hack*

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Masked Dedede were to get in, how would it play out? Like a power-up (Giga Mac), or more along the lines of Kirby's new FS? There's plenty to pull from for a beefed-up Dedede, I think it would be a waste to stick with the dance.

*cough*firstpost*hack*
I think it would be like Frenzy from Sonic Colors (oh the :4mario::4sonic: irony), where Dedede gets his Mask & Super Hammer, goes absolutely :4dk:-crud, and you just steer him around on an uncontrollable rampage.

KnokaBrokaTowah

Smash Rookie
NNID
KnokaBrokaTowah
3DS FC
3265-5568-0536
Probably will be Masked Dedede or something of the sort.

R.I.P. Big Gay Dance.

Top Bottom