• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's B Moves Discussion

smashbot226

Smash Master
Unless this counts for the Official Moveset Discusssion, DISCUSS.

I am slightly deterred by his Side B. Sure, it may be powerful, but you take MORE damage while it is powering up, and even though you can move around while charging it, I bet my two cents you move noticeably slower.

His B Up is what interests me. Depending on height, and the bigger issue, distance, and the cancelabillity promises, this could make or break Dedede's aerial game. If he has one that is, with his hammer and all...

B Down... interesting. Waddle Dees, eh? More like Waddle Don'ts. Seriously, what good is throwing a helpless lab baby that walks around when it lands or hits someone? However, if you can charge the force of the throw, which I bet you can, this may be a good projectile move. Also, Waddle Doo seems like a 1.000000000002 version of Waddle Dee. The only one that catche my eye is Gordo. Now like in the games, if he makes a pattern and is able to actually move, we may see some action here.

My bet on his B move is... well, need I explain it? A chargeable hammer slam...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Unless this counts for the Official Moveset Discusssion, DISCUSS.

I am slightly deterred by his Side B. Sure, it may be powerful, but you take MORE damage while it is powering up, and even though you can move around while charging it, I bet my two cents you move noticeably slower.

His Down Special reminds me of Roy's Flare Blade in Melee. It seems like it could be a very good edge guarding tool. I like the fact that you can move around with it; even if you do move slower it allows you to adapt to a foe that's trying to get back on stage.

His B Up is what interests me. Depending on height, and the bigger issue, distance, and the cancelabillity promises, this could make or break Dedede's aerial game. If he has one that is, with his hammer and all...

B Down... interesting. Waddle Dees, eh? More like Waddle Don'ts. Seriously, what good is throwing a helpless lab baby that walks around when it lands or hits someone? However, if you can charge the force of the throw, which I bet you can, this may be a good projectile move. Also, Waddle Doo seems like a 1.000000000002 version of Waddle Dee. The only one that catche my eye is Gordo. Now like in the games, if he makes a pattern and is able to actually move, we may see some action here.

His Side special reminds me of Peach's turnips, they should come in handy for forcing an foe to approach or making them back off. All in all a very good move.

My bet on his B move is... well, need I explain it? A chargeable hammer slam...
I would say, I'm almost 100% sure that King Dedede's B move when be his trademark inhaling move. Somethings that would set it apart from Kirby's would be a longer inhaling range, and it would have properties similar to Bowser's Koopa Claw. I can't see King Dedede without it.

It wouldn't make alot of sense to have a "Chargeable Hammerslam" when it's almost exactly the same as his "Jet Hammer".

-Knight

Chepe

Smash Lord
"Chargeable Hammerslam" will be his Forward Smash, just you watch. The one seen where Dedede is hitting Bowser in his first update...

B is likely to be a strong inhale move that unlike Kirby's, it spits out with force and slams the foe into the ground. Complete with a star-inhale animation from his games. And you got Down B and Side B confused...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looked like a forward Smash to me...

He B is likely vaccuum inhale, the spit with great force or something along those lines

Eagle

Smash Lord
I reckon his neutral b will work in 2 ways.

First, he inhales, if an opponent is in range he will get sucked in and spat out with great force, etc.

However, if he doesn't inhale anyone after a few seconds he'll close his mouth and be more fat, full of air.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Grrr I know!

So, his neutral B is the swallow, eh? I forgot about the move, which seems horendously heretical, but when you are focused on making a dream roster, that sort of thing slips your mind...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
His up smash will be the move that kirby does, where he holds it infront of him and charges it and it catches flames and hits upwards. I think his B move will be Inhale.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Most great projectiles don't have great knockback (lasers, turnips, needles, etc.).

What I'm loving about his side B is the size of the creatures, and the fact that they can stay around for a while, which in itself already makes it an amazing projectile. If he can hold them like Peach and Link hold Turnips and bombs respectively, it may very well be the best projectile in the game. Remember, you apparently cannot cancel the lag of b moves now by landing, so if Waddle Dees are treated as items, throwing them will have no lag, which would make for some hell of SEXUAL spamming.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
I personally don'tthink it'll work like Turnips; I think it'll just be chucked at the opponent upon pressing >B/<B. His ^B scares me, though... now that we know e can puff, it looks as though his Super Jump is a possibly better version of Kirby's Final Cutter, but given the fact Dedede can cancel it, it may make a pretty good recovery.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I personally don'tthink it'll work like Turnips; I think it'll just be chucked at the opponent upon pressing >B/<B. His ^B scares me, though... now that we know e can puff, it looks as though his Super Jump is a possibly better version of Kirby's Final Cutter, but given the fact Dedede can cancel it, it may make a pretty good recovery.
plus he is heavy, so he might be one of the hardest to kill.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Ah, that's true as well. As long as he doesn't have bad lag in his attacks like how Bowser did in Melee (I heard it's not as bad now), then he could be a contender.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Dedede is a baller

Like pope-o-chilliton said the forward b is going to be deisel, having a bunch of little critters walking towards people will definitely give you the upper hand in terms of sheild breaking. and as long as dedede's up tilt involves some sort of rediculous swipe, I'm sure he will be quite the character

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
i love Triple D hes my favorite game villin ever honestly he deseved this spot and the dreamland crew needs a HUGE buff from melee!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Off topic, he isn't the best villain ever. I recall a certain ****** knight, a jewel headed warlock, and a giant fire breathing turtle may claim that role...

On topic, DDD is quite teh sheet. I may main him if he is faster than the other heavy chars.

Top Bottom