• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede Won't Be An Unlockable

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If any character's shown are unlockables the only one would be Sonic for said reasons, though Snake is mostlikely a starter as he was shown in the very first video for Brawl.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Who knows; things may have changed.

However, looking on the bright side, I love Dedede, and it'd be grest if he were unlockable. This also means that there will be a lot of unlockables if all the revealled characters are starters.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm still not completely convinced that Dedede will be a starter, though I'm still leaning toward him being one.

It's a bit weird having all 3 kirby characters as starters. I still don't believe that he'll be unlockable via event match 1 though. If he IS unlockable, I have no doubt that it'll be through Subspace Emissary because it makes no sense to unlock a character after one event match. I was completely denying it at first, but I guess this could mean that event matches might be unlockable. I'm not so sure I like the idea of them making it unlockable, but I guess there is a chance of it happening.

I know some people really want him to be an unlockable, but I don't. This won't matter after the game is out, nor does it directly tell us how many total characters we'll have, but I think Dedede's position (as either an unlockable or starter) could hint at the size of the total roster. If we found out he was a starter, I'd confidently assume that all of the other characters besides Sonic and Snake were also starters, and I'd expect a nice amount of secret unlockables.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not completely convinced that Dedede will be a starter, though I'm still leaning toward him being one.

It's a bit weird having all 3 kirby characters as starters. I still don't believe that he'll be unlockable via event match 1 though. If he IS unlockable, I have no doubt that it'll be through Subspace Emissary because it makes no sense to unlock a character after one event match. I was completely denying it at first, but I guess this could mean that event matches might be unlockable. I'm not so sure I like the idea of them making it unlockable, but I guess there is a chance of it happening.

I know some people really want him to be an unlockable, but I don't. This won't matter after the game is out, nor does it directly tell us how many total characters we'll have, but I think Dedede's position (as either an unlockable or starter) could hint at the size of the total roster. If we found out he was a starter, I'd confidently assume that all of the other characters besides Sonic and Snake were also starters, and I'd expect a nice amount of secret unlockables.
Tell that to the very FIRST event match which you start with right away, he's a starter that's that.

Boofer

Smash Ace
1st event match or not, i still think he isn't a starter.
ahh...I don't know about that...with all of these characters confirmed for the first few event matches, it's looking more and more likely that most of the characters will in fact be starters :chuckle:.

courte

Smash Lord
yea i don't agree... sorry im swayed by the conspiracy theoracy

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Conspiracy theory... lol. I've missed a lot of spooky talks, probably aroused by the long gap between revealing characters lately. Well the larger the roster, the happier I am so I try to imagine positively. However I know the game can only go so far and it's chock full of good features to supplement everything else. The Assist Trophies are very cool to me but even a veteran character post would reassure me right now. We need a new character.

courte

Smash Lord
i don't more suprise--plus what better way to end all disputes than with the actual game IF someone should unlock a char they were so sure of wouldn't be in, thats cosmic divine comedy

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
i don't more suprise--plus what better way to end all disputes than with the actual game IF someone should unlock a char they were so sure of wouldn't be in, thats cosmic divine comedy
This man is a genius, yeah I totally agree. I just want to see the final product most of all. Everything we've seen so far is enough to make me buy it regardless of what else is in store, so even though I want to see something on Dojo it doesn't influence how I feel about getting it. It's all extra gravy on my sausage and biscuits, know what I'm sizzlin'?

J_Puff

Smash Rookie
I'm going to use Dedede first, then unlock Jigglypuff and main him from then on. Expect me playing Wi-Fi matches with Dedede and J-Puff. :)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I believe everyone on the dojo is a starter unless proven false (So I believe everyone but Snake and Sonic are starters, because of the _____ joins the brawl videos.)

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Why are people even debating about whether he is unlockable or not? Its quite clear that he is a starter. I am 110% sure. The very first Event Match is called "Two Troubled Kings" for fuxsake. Unlocking a character from the very first event match is the most worthless thing in the world, even worthless newbcakes know this. Plus, like someone said before, Sakurai is the creator of this Kirby shenanogens, of course he's going to want all his Kirby stars to be starters, he's fu.cking Sakurai. This thread should close...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
This is still speculation, But I would be fine with it, with him not being unlockable, then all my mains are out there...well my main(s) possibilities...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What if he's unlocked with the first event match? Has anybody considered that possibility?

I just can't believe he'd be a starter. I guess MetaKnight has to be the unlockable character? Weird. We've know about him since the beginning.

courte

Smash Lord
idc so long as him and others are in the game

but i don't see how him being in the first event means he's a starter, though at this state who can say what is what??

the only meanings this title can have is

he's available from the beginning or he cannot be unlocked lol

Cheezball

Smash Ace
To unlock King Dedede it could be possible that you have to complete certain things, like an example.

To unlock king dedede(EXAMPLE!):

1. Beat event one on normal or higher

2. Complete SSE mode with kirby, and at the end, when (or if) you battle bowser, King dedede will jump up, and knock bowser off the stage, and then you battle him, and thus unlocking King dedede.

The cut scene where Dedede knocks bowser off the stage would be like the thing with Luigi jumping on Mario. This is just an example, it is not going to be true, (Of course Sakurai is not going to do bowser adventure boss again) so do not bring any hope what so ever to this example. The only chance that this would happen seems to me to be .01. King Dedede should be an unlockable.

Top Bottom