• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DeDeDe at the Gamestop Tournament.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
I have planned to main DeDeDe ever since I heard he was in the game.

Well, at the Gamestop tournament, it will be my first time playing Brawl. It's obvious that DeDeDe has good recovery, a lot of power, some speed moves, an awesome grab game, and a great projectile.

I'm positive I want to use DeDeDe over Mario in the tournament, but I'm not sure if I should use him as my first game on Brawl in a tournament.

Here's my question: Who should I expect to have problems against and who will I have better matchups against?

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
lmao we have a thread exactly like this i believe (worst matchups i think its called)
watch out for olimar, pokemon trainer, and uhhh you dont want my advice but thats all i can say.
it depends on who you play

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
why watch out for pokemon trainer? that matchups fine

the gamestop tournament is a joke. wiimote only, 1 min, items on normal

Mario would probally be easier to pick up first game

limitbreak

Smash Ace
The only problem your going to have, I think, is the fact that most of his attacks come out much slower than Mario's. If you can get the timing, you'll do fine.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
DekuTree - I'm not asking for only his worst match-ups. Regardless, I searched this and could not find a decently organized thread for it.

Nicktendo - Yeah, it's a joke, I know. My Gamestop is supporting B.Y.O.C., however.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

dedede has problems against metaknight watch out for those users. Since the rules are pretty much stupid, dedede is huge and can get hit easily by random weapons. I suggest u use mario.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
why watch out for pokemon trainer? that matchups fine

the gamestop tournament is a joke. wiimote only, 1 min, items on normal

Mario would probally be easier to pick up first game

eh doesnt the pk trainer feel weird playing?
ddd is fine against charizard, but squirtle and ivysaur are so small and hard to hit, plus ivy has a good projectile.

ya see what i mean?

i realized 0suitsamus is is OK against him but has immunities..
example: im 65% sure Dthrow chaingrabs dont work against her, instead of sliding in front of ddd, she falls to the ground

Top Bottom