• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing moves and priority

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
Hi people i have some questions for you.

The first of this questions is what are the best killing moves that link can use (besides Dair)??

And the second is about priority what are the higher priority moves that link has (because im having many problems against pikachu and lucas)

thanks for your help.

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
With crap range, and from what I've seen, crappy priority, dair really isn't very good anymore unless you sh it into their head.

ftilt and the second fsmash hit is the way to go.

-notic

Smash Cadet
don't sidehop against lucas/pikachu's smashes unless it's lucas's fsmash or pikachu's upsmash
don't let pikachu get on top of you and downsmash otherwise if you do tilt the analog away from pikachu so that you leave at an angle and pikachu can't thunder you

against lucas you have to avoid the pk fires and if you hop over one you get a free gale hit that can sometimes connect to a dash a. roll away from pikachu and lucas and try to out-prioritize with your sword
don't try to out-spam pikachu
hold the shield for pikachu's multi-hit aerials and make sure it never breaks
that's all i got they're pretty tough you just have to be a better brawl player than your opponent if you're using link

if you play a really gay, spammy, hyphen smashing pikachu it's a REALLY tough matchup, find a good counter pick

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
nair still has pretty decent priority, and a nice amount of knock-back. It can kill at higher percents easily.

Any moves involving your sword minus dair have enough priority if done right , considering it's a disjointed hitbox.

Kill moves include, but are not limited to: Dair, Nair, Bair (as edgeguard), ftilt, uptilt, upsmash, fsmash, upair and bombs (from high in the air or way off to the side at medium-high percents), and dtilt spike if you're risky and amazing and lucky at the same time.

As for match against pika: Just counter-spam, but don't out-spam, and just approach smartly. Understand what moves pika can use to counter your approach, and work from there.
I've never had a problem against pika.
Nor Lucas - but his upsmash is really strong, so watch out for it.
Lucas is more or less a smart spam game, like mostly against anyone else.
Links projectiles are incredibly important, especially in Brawl. Just be smart about things. Space yourself nicely. downsmash is effecient against both characters.

-Nox`

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
With crap range, and from what I've seen, crappy priority, dair really isn't very good anymore unless you sh it into their head.

ftilt and the second fsmash hit is the way to go.
Which actually isn't very hard, even competetively (at least not TOO hard). I will say this: it's not as effective against anyone smaller than Mario (like Kirby) since the initial damage (which does about 22%) isn't likely to hit when your over their heads. But that's only if it's on the ground. When the enemy's in midair, it has much more priority, especially as a kill move, and more when edge-guarding. It's still something to save for high %, but anyone at maybe Fox's size and higher will be f***ed at high % if it hits. I find doing it backwards to be possibly more effective.

Top Bottom