• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill set-ups?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I find that racking up damage with G&W isn't terribly difficult, but landing the final kill move has always been a bit tricky. His moves come out slow, so most of the time I have to rely on hard reads. Are there any good kill set-ups that you guys have found out about?

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Mostly just edge guarding stuff. For a character that is supposed to be a "glass cannon" he sure does have a hard time landing the final hit.

One thing that works for me is when the opponent tries to recover from below and to the side of the stage. They never expect the Dair to stage spike them. Afterwards, GaW can easily recover. It's one of his better moves offstage if you ask me since it isn't as much of a commitment as, let's say, Toon Link's or Greninja's Dair offstage.

Also, when the opponent is trying to land, do mix ups with Up Air, Up B, Dash attack, and Up Smash. Up Smash in particular is very good (despite the poor range) because it has upperbody invincibility making it a fantastic anti-air attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom