• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus: Uprising Multiplayer talk?

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
So after finally getting a 3ds a few months ago (Due to Smash)
I'm finally getting Kid Icarus Uprising in a few days.
Now I'm wondering do people still play this game online? I know that a few youtubers like gameguy888 and bdcool213 upload some vids every now and then. But I'm still curious if there are that many still on the scene.

I've 'heard' stories' of particular good powers that are really effective in multiplayer like the 'playing dead' power .
Also how's the netcode?

Have some Viridi

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I've played a few times, got a full game with fairly smooth connection each time. I believe I've only played Light v. Dark, so I can't comment on the other game mode.

edit: also that viridi is completely adorable

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I played very consistently from late 2012 to early 2013 and mastered the art of the Dark Pit Staff. I haven't played multiplayer in forever, but other than the occasional AFK, it was really smooth and fun if you were on a good connection. I noticed some players jumping around the screen every once in a while, but matches where that happened were few and far between.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I play it from time to time, and it's pretty populated.

That Viridi picture is the best one I've ever seen. Especially since the Kirby is my Yellow color.

Last edited:

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Thanks for the responses!

Got the game today and made a few good weapons before trying multi player ( Though finding a connection that doesn't die after 40 minutes will be my biggest problem xD There's still people playing usually get about 3or 4 out of 6 showing up for games but the spotpass thing ended in March 2013 or 2014 sooo no weapon gems for me.

Also ...when the CPU fills out the player spots with bots. They are way too good at dodging...

People bring their A game to Free for all. Saw a guy rocking 5 stars Melee and range Beam Claws that was a complete menace to fight against O_o

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good to see there's still interest in Uprising. Got caught up playing XY then Smash then ORAS so I haven't gotten back into it for a while. It's a fun, but VERY broken game even compared to Mario Kart/Smash.

There's no balance in Free for All so people just use whatever weapon is the strongest. LvD is also broken, but killing an OP player does bring some balance I guess, personally I find it to be the funner of the two modes.

With LvD it's usually best to use a weapon that specializes in a certain area rather than going for balance, as the extra balance will bring up your weapon's rating. Plus having a Melee Bow or Ranged Claw is dumb to begin with.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I was actually posting about this game in Miiverse the other day. Apparently the competitive multiplayer community is still pretty big, but I get that randoms contains a lot of bots. I never got too deep into the multiplayer, but I am going to play it again soon.

Top Bottom