• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid icarus Uprising and a bit on Hades.

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
EDIT: It's always good when you don't correctly capitalize on your thread name...

Kid Icarus: Uprising. Amazing game, Great cast of characters.

Aside from Magnus (who appears very little) there isn't much to go on for Kid Icarus characters in SSB4. However, there will need to be new enemies and new bosses for whatever single player mode replaces SubSpace Emissary, along with a new stage for Kid Icarus.

So introducing to the discussion of worthy character bosses for SSB4 is...

HADES!

Some videos if your unfamiliar with him. Obvious spoilers if you've never played Uprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT4-Th6sX-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd2Etn-BUEE

He's real powerful, has interesting moves and is hilarious. He's as great as the highly rated reboot he comes from, but Sakurai has come off as rather un-enthusiastic about the series he put so much effort into rebooting. Perhaps he doesn't want to push Kid Icarus involvement when it is clearly a less demanded franchise. Or perhaps not.

So the question is, do you want more Kid Icarus representation? What do you think SSB4 could possibly bring in from the game that you would like to see (characters, items, stages, bosses etc.)?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm one of the few people who desire him as a character, though I could easily see that not happening. Any sort of inclusion by Hades would be greatly enjoyed though, easily one of my most favorite Nintendo characters of all time.

In fact, the more representation in any form from Uprising in SSB4 the better to me, that game is loaded with quality characters, items, etc.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
I love a lot of Kid Icarus Uprising characters. Even if I think the franchise deserves max two characters (Pit and Palutena), I would like Hades or Medusa too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hades is just beastly. It really depends on Sakurai, but I could see his inclusion going either character or boss, for sure. I think he might have a better chance than people think, even myself.

I'm still with the Palutena crowd, but any KI character addition would be good. (Unless it's Eggplant wizard...)

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Honestly, I'm still Hellbent on getting Magnus in SSB4.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I loved Uprising and would like to see as many new Kid Icarus characters in SSB4 as possible. Though I'm confident there won't be more than 3 at the most. Palutena's almost a lock, and Medusa probably has the edge on the third spot, but I'd prefer it to go to Hades. Actually I'd prefer it to go to Phosphora, but I have to be a tiny bit realistic.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I'm still Hellbent on getting Magnus in SSB4.
He's overrated. He's very little on the game, and also we're probably getting another big sword-like user (Shulk). I see Magnus like an overpowered Ike and nothing more. Also, I don't like the character himself that much.

I loved Uprising and would like to see as many new Kid Icarus characters in SSB4 as possible. Though I'm confident there won't be more than 3 at the most. Palutena's almost a lock, and Medusa probably has the edge on the third spot, but I'd prefer it to go to Hades. Actually I'd prefer it to go to Phosphora, but I have to be a tiny bit realistic.
If we get three characters it's true that Sakurai gives priority to the franchises he worked for. I think two, Pit and Palutena, is the most probable solution. I would love Medusa too, mainly because she's a female villain, and that's interesting. That only if she's not a clone though. I can understand a luigified Palutena, but not a clone altogether. Hades has a slight chance that's true, but he has to overcome others more recognizable.

Personally I would like this dude too: http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/images/4/44/Pyrrhon_final.png

Anyway, aside from characters, I'm really interested in stages and trophies too. Brawl in that sense was really scarce, just one average stage, a good character, and four kinda sad trophies. Next one will be huge in that sense. I expect the same amount of trophies Metroid has in Brawl AT LEAST.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai put lots of references to Uprising.

I would expect the KI franchise to have more trophies and overall representation. Also, the music from Uprising. One of the best soundtracks I've heard in a game.

To not mention the godly OST from the game in this thread is a blasphemy!

About Hades: best villain ever. 'nuff said.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm quite sure we'll get Palutena as another KI rep.
Hades... is better off as an adventure mode boss.
I want more trophies from the series... Not as few as 4 in 544 (less than 1% of all trophies).

:phone:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea for story mode than involved some of the major series villains teaming up (properly, not opportunistically like in SSE). Bowser, Ganon, Majora, Andross, Hades, Giygas, King K.Rool, and others from the series I'm not as familiar with such as Fire Emblem. Some could become unlockable after defeating them.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Am I the only one who just can't imagine Hades being an adventure mode boss in smash...? I don't know, he just doesn't seem the type for that sort of thing. I can personally imagine they would go for Twinbellow's or Hewdraw etc as Kid Icarus's bosses but not Hades. Maybe as a codec for Pit like it was with Snake in Brawl seem's more likely to me. I guess that's just me... :/

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who just can't imagine Hades being an adventure mode boss in smash...? I don't know, he just doesn't seem the type for that sort of thing. I can personally imagine they would go for Twinbellow's or Hewdraw etc as Kid Icarus's bosses but not Hades. Maybe as a codec for Pit like it was with Snake in Brawl seem's more likely to me. I guess that's just me... :/
Hades as a boss would have to be a major boss, of which SSE only had one (Tabuu). I'd rather have four or five major bosses and a stack more minor bosses, which could include Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Cragalanche etc.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm quite sure we'll get Palutena as another KI rep.
Hades... is better off as an adventure mode boss.
I want more trophies from the series... Not as few as 4 in 544 (less than 1% of all trophies).

:phone:
Palutena was in Killer Instinct?

That;s it, she's too violent to be in smash

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hades as a boss would have to be a major boss, of which SSE only had one (Tabuu). I'd rather have four or five major bosses and a stack more minor bosses, which could include Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Cragalanche etc.
Oh so you mean, mini bosses mid-chapter and end bosses end-chapter?

I suppose that could work.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Oh so you mean, mini bosses mid-chapter and end bosses end-chapter?

I suppose that could work.
Yeah, something like having a smaller boss every other stage and then the major bosses every 4-5 stages, or whatever the current rate is.

Or go like Kid Icarus and have one every single stage. That was another feature of Uprising I really liked.

Top Bottom