• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kenner Play N Trade 1 - June 14th

Hyro

Smash Lord
Kenner Play N Trade - Sunday, June 14th @ 6:00 pm

3405 Williams Blvd., Kenner

IMPORTANT:

At 6:00 pm show up and register - around 7:00pm we'll start.

Bring your own chairs and controllers.

We need setups! Let me know if you can help!

Castle Seige and PS1 are now CP's and PS2 is banned.

As of now, it's $10 to enter, but if you guys think that's too much, I'll make it $5!

I want some part of the pot to go to the venue owner, but I'm not sure how much yet.

General Rules:

Mostly the same rules as gameware, but I will be changing up the stages a bit.

Know the rules.

-Show up at 6:00pm
-$10 per person per division
-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; best 2/3; all finals 3/5 (time permitting)
-55/25/15/5 cash split
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List
------------
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's

Counterpick:

Castle Seige, PS1, Delfino, Halberd, Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, Pictochat, Norfair, Corneria (teams only), Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
The rest

-----------------

Headcount:

1. Hyro
2. Sars
3. Arcadia
4. Lee
5. Blaine
6. Batto
7. CJ
8. Roni
9. Cyphus
10. Ricky
11. Bfay
12. Matt
13. Reggie
14. Roll

Setups:

Hyro
Arcadia
Blaine

---------

Results:

1. Lee (Marth/Toon Link) $60.00
2. Cyphus(Dk/IC's) $30.00
3. Hyro (Toon Link) $10.00
4. Roni (Falco, MK)
5. Matt(Mario)
5. CJ (Snake)
7. Arcadia (Lucario)
7. Blaine (Samus)
9. Fahey (Snake)
9. Reggie (Diddy)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
There's no way I'm going to be at this, sorry. I've got to get up at 6 the next morning for work, and this tourney will put me out past my bedtime, haha.

Good luck with running it, and I hope you have a great turnout!

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Will the tournament pot be in cash >.> The play N trade @ the lafayette tourney want to do our pot in credit for Play N trade.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Will the tournament pot be in cash >.> The play N trade @ the lafayette tourney want to do our pot in credit for Play N trade.
I'm pretty sure it'll be in cash. When I talked to the guy on the phone it seemed like he was just lending us a venue. You guys pick. We can have 55/25/15/5 pot split with store credit, or we can do like 55/25/5 cash split with 15% going to the venue.

I actually have no clue how much is a good percentage for the owner. He's a very nice guy who seems very excited to have us there. He just wants to pay for electricity and ****. Does anyone know what a reasonable percentage is for the owner?

And does anyone else know how to run a tourney??? Ran and Randall can't make this so anyone else have a laptop with Tio??? :(

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Hyro, go check the Tournaments Discussion forum. There are some really useful stickies in there. A lot might seem like common sense, but it's really helpful.

I think Arcadia has a laptop with tio.

Hyro

Smash Lord
We got like 6 people confirmed...we need more lol.

And Arc, Lee said he's bring his laptop with Tio. I guess bring yours just in case.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Truth be told I really wish I could make it.....

I have ACT of Saturday oh, and you're going to love this, my dad is planning on leaving to Metarie to visit my Grandmother like tomorrow and he'd be my only ride out there. Sorry buddy, though I could talk to him and see if I could strike a deal with him and see if he would wait until after my ACT was over, it's in the morning and he'd only have to wait 2 more days before leaving and I'd deal with my family until then. =/

I'll see what I can do. It's just we've been driving around all this week and I think he's just tired of bringing me places.

so yeah I can't make it. He's going across the lake to visit my grandmother. Really wish I could go, but there is nothing I can do. :(:(:(:(:(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i can bring a setup hyro, and if anyone in BR needs a ride i dont mind having some company on the way down
As tempting as it is to ask, I can't, my dad isn't comfortable riding with guys he's never met, you know how it is with parents. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to ask him for any money by then but w/e. I'm still going to GameWare next Friday. I'll try to make it the next one P&T Hyro, by my coming up b-day I'll be driving and maybe I can let my dad trust me to drive over there. :)

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Give me a few weeks and I'll start a Gamestop tourney on Vets.

Unless Hyro would try the Gamestop @$$holes on Wes Es?

Edit: Apparently my 300th post.

Top Bottom